MMOMinion

Full Version: update error, file or directory is corrupted and unreadable
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Issue while updating

Updating file: C:\MINIONAPP\MINIONAPP.exe
. .  .  .
Updating file: C:\MINIONAPP\MinionLauncher_64.exe
. .  .  .
C:\MINIONAPP\MINIONAPP.exe
UPDATE ERROR: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): file or directory is corrupted and unreadable。
   System.Diagnostics.Process.StartWithShellExecuteEx(ProcessStartInfo startInfo)
   System.Diagnostics.Process.Start()
   Updater.MinionUpdater.Main(String[] args)\

* What OS are you running? WIN10 X64
* What AV is installed? MCAFEE
* Where is the bot installed? C:\MINIONAPP\
* Do you have any Anti-Malware installed? Malwarebytes
* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, guildworks,Teamviwer installed? NO
* Did you follow the install instructions found HERE YES
* Are you running the bot as admin? YES
* Are you using the attach button or having minionapp launch the client? YES
*Are you running any Bot addons? YES

Could anyone please help? win10 home x64 (Closed all firewall anti-virus etc etc)

thanks~
(10-04-2017, 12:20 PM)carmanwar Wrote: [ -> ]Issue while updating

. .  .  .
. .  .  .
UPDATE ERROR: System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): file or directory is corrupted and unreadable。

* do you have Mumble, Teamspeak, Fraps, any other recording software, Nvida Gamers Experience, Raptr, Caytalist Control Center, guildworks,Teamviwer installed? NO

Could anyone please help? win10 home x64 (Closed all firewall anti-virus etc etc)

thanks~

I had this same error. I ran a scan using Malwarebytes and found issues, after removing the potential problems Minnion app booted / updated without issue.
(10-05-2017, 10:54 AM)Zer0GenX Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-04-2017, 12:20 PM)carmanwar Wrote: [ -> ]Issue while updating

. .  .  .
. .  .  .

thanks~

I had this same error. I ran a scan using Malwarebytes and found issues, after removing the potential problems Minnion app booted / updated without issue.

Thanks~ after closing the google chrome, it works fine. thanks again!
I am also getting the same error. The bot wont attach anymore, it attached fine pre-update. It gives me an Unknown Error at start of game, which I assume is related to the MMOMinion lsuncher 64 being unable to update, as it continues to give me "Failed to download file MinionLauncher64.exe"
I had the same problem with MinionLauncher64.exe recently my AV(Avast) no longer likes it, so I had to put an exception on the folder otherwise the file ended up in quarantine.
I can confirm it's not always antivirus software causing this, as I use none.  I find the best anti-virus is common sense.

Anyway, I'm having this issue too now, as of this morning.  All other updates work and complete just fine, and the bot still seems to work fine.  The minion app update itself completes in the launcher window, or so it seems, but when it opens a command prompt window showing that "Updating file c:..." message, it hangs and does nothing.  I've left that window open for over 30 minutes with no changes.

Not sure whats up, but as long as the bot is working still, I'm not too concerned, but a fix would be nice.