MMOMinion

Full Version: Periodic stuttering
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Windows 8x64
windows defender
C:\MINIONAPP
windows defender
no recording software installed
Yes, followed instructions.
Yes, running as admin.
Bot is auto-attaching.
red mage, machinist profiles installed, gathering 1-70, gardening, PvP shatter add-ons installed.  Just removed the gardening.

The problem I'm having is every 10 seconds the game stutters for about a half second. I timed it to be exactly every 10 seconds consistently.  This began within the past few days, maybe 3 no more than 5.  Sorry, I can't be more specific in the time frame.  It happens whether I'm actively using the bot for something or when it's inactive.  It does not happen when I load up the game without the bot.  I have not had the issue before.  Let me know what other information can be useful.

Adding onto this as it's happening right now.  I'm doing ephemeral gathering using the gathering 1-70 pack and when it's flying to a node and touches down on the ground my character will shake back and forth a lot before resuming it's course. 

Edit: added info
This issue seems to have resolved since last night and before I could uninstall other add-ons. Thank you for responding.  I'll update you if something happens again.
I suffer from the exact same issue and it only occurs once I attach Minion to the game, otherwise the game runs smoothly on it's own. I've got quite a beefy computer also, maybe the program is simply resource hungry? Only use ACRs.
So, I think I figured it out, at least for me.  When i have the crafting list open and have about 13 items in the list it starts to stutter.  I had about 30 previously then I took them all out and started adding items one by one.  You can notice it very slightly around 11 and very noticeable at 13.  This is not using the crafting mode but having mmominion set on the crafting mode, unactive.
(11-09-2017, 04:28 AM)dmoment Wrote: [ -> ]So, I think I figured it out, at least for me.  When i have the crafting list open and have about 13 items in the list it starts to stutter.  I had about 30 previously then I took them all out and started adding items one by one.  You can notice it very slightly around 11 and very noticeable at 13.  This is not using the crafting mode but having mmominion set on the crafting mode, unactive.

No surprise there, the crafting order stuff has always been terrible for that.
(10-30-2017, 11:40 PM)dmoment Wrote: [ -> ]Windows 8x64
windows defender
C:\MINIONAPP
windows defender
no recording software installed
Yes, followed instructions.
Yes, running as admin.
Bot is auto-attaching.
red mage, machinist profiles installed, gathering 1-70, gardening, PvP shatter add-ons installed.  Just removed the gardening.

The problem I'm having is every 10 seconds the game stutters for about a half second. I timed it to be exactly every 10 seconds consistently.  This began within the past few days, maybe 3 no more than 5.  Sorry, I can't be more specific in the time frame.  It happens whether I'm actively using the bot for something or when it's inactive.  It does not happen when I load up the game without the bot.  I have not had the issue before.  Let me know what other information can be useful.

Adding onto this as it's happening right now.  I'm doing ephemeral gathering using the gathering 1-70 pack and when it's flying to a node and touches down on the ground my character will shake back and forth a lot before resuming it's course. 

Edit: added info

I've noticed a few people on the forum have been having this stuttering issue but not a lot, I was one but decided to try and see what could be the cause. I thought OK... FFXIV runs without stuttering when there's no bot but when the bot loads no matter what I do I get a stutter. So after careful thought I decided to open my pc up and have a look inside. Now bear in mind it's a newish pc so I thought all would be fine. I was wrong, my graphics card was loaded with dust around it's fan and in the little grills. So I gave it a nice spring clean and cleaned the rest of the pc inside generally and bingo! The next time I ran FFXIV it ran smoothly, no stutter. The stutter was my poor graphics card fighting dust bunnies, it simply couldn't handle the extra load in it's unclean state. Give it a try it's a quick job and may well solve your issue.