MMOMinion

Full Version: Bot doesn't follow path
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
For some reasons I can't get my bot to follow the path. It just runs straight wherever it's facing.
Yes I'm standing on the mesh. Yes, It's kinda a big one.
It's one I've made.
I'd check it out but I don't have access to download files :(

Did you put any waypoints in your mesh? That may cause it to just run straight. If it's go nowhere it needs to go it might go anywhere.

Can you upload it to somewhere like sendspace and I'll have a look too. While I'm no dev or member of staff, I'm curious and don't mind spending a little time working on getting this beta to the best place it can be.
Mine does the same thing. Changing camera modes seems to fix it temporarily, then it reverts to running straight from camera (character is facing sidewayss)
Here's a link to download it.
I don't use a gamepad, and yes, I do have some botany markers.
I've tried different setups tho, I don't think it's the mesh. I have the same problem pretty much in any maps... :/

https://www.dropbox.com/s/w90g4y8pe9symq...gation.rar
I may have missed it, but what zone is this? The file name doesn't give it away.
(10-07-2013, 02:28 AM)Sil Wrote: [ -> ]I may have missed it, but what zone is this? The file name doesn't give it away.

Coerthas, next to camp dragonhead.

I think I just figured out what the problem was.
I was using Legacy type movement settings... I switched it back to Standard type and it seems to work perfectly now. Smile
(10-06-2013, 09:20 PM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]dont use/connect a gamepad!!!!!!!! it seems to fuck up controls :D

I had the same issue as above. Disabling gamepad did not fix it. My character faces the direction he wants to go, like the bot is trying to go that way, but just keeps running straight. This is happening on all meshes.

I'm guessing its a config somewhere in ffxiv, but I've set everything to default and its still happening.

Only way around it is 1st person view. Forces my character to go forward in the direction the bot faces me.
(10-11-2013, 05:48 PM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]My character faces the direction he wants to go, like the bot is trying to go that way, but just keeps running straight.

if your bot is facing the correct direction and keeps running straight, then where is the problem oO?

all I can say is that it is something in your ffx config, unplug the gamepad!

Dont have one on my system, although it was enabled in settings. The bot runs straight but my character's sprite faces away in different directions. Maybe a camera settings.. One sec

Reseting camera settings to default fixed the issue.
Pages: 1 2