MMOMinion

Full Version: Crashing? Try these two solutions.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
If you are "Failing to attach(2)":
* Disable Anti-Virus
* Change the Primary DNS to 8.8.4.4

If you are Crashing often:
* Disable DEP
* How-to: Start -> Find "Command" in Search -> Run in Admin -> "bcdedit.exe /set nx AlwaysOff" -> Reboot
I really hope you're working on a solution that does not involve disabling DEP.
I hate this solution as much as next guy.
It's just a temporary method to make it work.

> Perhaps the bot is dynamically allocating from a location marked as data-only due to buffer overflow as time goes on??
I don't have access to the main program, so I can only presume, but...

I'm sure main devs will find a solution for the crashes as soon as they can isolate the issue.
The problem is that it is happening on subset of people rather than all of them, which makes it time consuming to gather enough information on the matter.
with disabling DEP, I made it about 20 minutes without crashing. Still ended up crashing.
When I watch, it only crashes while running along the red line to the next node.

*edit: I have only tried gathering so far.
**edit: Is there anything I can do on my end to assist?
Have you rebooted after disabling DEP?
Yes, I rebooted after I disabled DEP.
I also crash but only if I disconnected from the server, which happens literally all the time when I run the bot after about an hour or two, and then try to reconnect and continue to bot. Game will crash constantly after this.
(10-07-2013, 10:15 PM)xoured Wrote: [ -> ]I also crash but only if I disconnected from the server, which happens literally all the time when I run the bot after about an hour or two, and then try to reconnect and continue to bot. Game will crash constantly after this.

im starting to have this same issue. I did hours last night, logged on this afternoon to do some more and it worked fine for another hour or so. Then it started crashing every 15 minutes or so. A dozen different username/passwords since I still have the same issue.
Or you could try what worked for me and in the FFXIV game client reset ALL settings to default :) I had gamepad options setup so i could hide my pet bar and resetting back to default makes the bot run without crashing!

Your PC must be seriously broken if you need to change DNS settings....
Been crashing since start of beta, lucky to make 10 minites before game crashes..
Havnt bothered posting since its beta, but you said only a few people have this issue.

Maybe people like me just arnt posting there issues...

Edit...

Made a new char Arcanist since there was a ready made profile. No more crashes so far.
Pages: 1 2 3