MMOMinion

Full Version: Grinding problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I'm in Eastern La Noscea, And everything is mapped out. I setup my skills, and I tried to setup my evac spot. Problem with that is if I go to my area and click evac no arrow nothing pops up that is telling me a evac point as been set. On top of that I click start and bot does nothing, But if I click "Do FATES" and then click start, it does fates and seems to only do fates. And "fates only is not checked". Also looking in tut section it seems that the threads name is fate grinding lol not really mob grinding. Anyway if I'm doing something wrong please let me know.
You have probably done this, but you have set up a couple grind markers, right?
Regarding the evac point, what I do is set the evac point then, with the bot stopped I move away from evac point a littl ways. With fates only checked and no fates active, start the bot again. He should move back to your evac point to verify it is set up where you want it. A little cumbersome but it works.
(10-12-2013, 08:46 AM)Sil Wrote: [ -> ]Is this the problem you're having?
http://mmominion.com/Thread-Bot-wont-gri...just-grind

Yep lol the same problem. It just sits on LT_Grind,

Bot mode = grind
Grind section = do fates and fates only NOT CLICKED.

Min and max fate lv, doesn't matter, but I put it within my range and still nothing.
I downloaded a guys mesh on here for eastern La noscea, but I doubt that has anything to do with the problems I'm having.

Evac doesn't do anything, when I set a evac point, it should at least give me a indication (such as a arrow) letting me know that this is where I will return too. In any case, I set it and moved forward and clicked start but nothing. The minute I click on "Do fates" and click start it still won't do anything, YEP NOTHING, EXCEPT it waits for fates instead, the minute one is located bam it runs into action. "Fates Only" should be doing this, not that, since that is only saying "if a fate is available then you may go their and do what you got to do, if one is not then fight reg mobs." Ironically, "FATES ONLY" does nothing, and yes a fate is available, and to test I clicked on "Do fates" again and it goes right their.

Now if I change my class to a miner, and I click start, guess what? lol it goes to a monster. So I thought it was my armor lol, so I took it off, but still nothing. I then changed my control setting, Like if I had my xbox controller plugged in, and try to press start it will move in a slanted position. So I need to have keyboard enabled, but I changed it to controller none the less and don't work lol.

I tried everything and don't know what else to do:p
Nothing shows in FFXIV window when you set an evac point. I agree it would be a good thing if it did, but for the moment it doesn't. That being said, I have never had a problem with setting an evac point so I have no ideas to give you on the issue you are having.

Regarding the min/max fate levels, I totally screwed this up when I first started with the beta. I thought it referred to the actual levels, but it really is the deviation from the level. So if you were lvl 30 and you wanted to grind fates from lvl 25 - 32, you would put 2 in the max level field and 5 in the min level field. Again, you probably already know all of this. I am just grasping at straws to try to help you out.

Hope you get it figured out. Its frustrating when it doesn't work.
Well it's all good, not the end of the world, it's a beta after all, but their our a lot of my friends having the same problem and it needs to be looked at.