MMOMinion

Full Version: fishing positioning problems
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
fishing in this game is very position sensitive. A few degrees left/right of the char can make it activate or not... Since you can't usually say from where the bot comes to the fishing node, you can't predict in which direction it's looking and therefor can't say if fishing is possible. (Standing against a rail or something makes things even worse, but I've also seen that while standing in the water).
A possible workaround for this could be to check the availability of the cast icon, i.e. instead of just spamming the cast button, check if it's active, and if not, turn the char a few degrees.
That's a problem pathing bots have as well, with a slight advantage that usually the bot always comes from the same direction and therefor looks in always the same angle. Have seen it fail as well though ;)
Markers turn you to the direction at which you placed the marker(fishing markers). So when you are placing the marker make sure you are facing the correct way for the fishing marker to work :P
gonna have to try for myself, just found a few threads with exactly this problem... And there's some areas where it's really hard to postion yourself correct, especially with rails. I'll try myself in those bad areas ;)
(10-16-2013, 12:40 PM)TauTau Wrote: [ -> ]gonna have to try for myself, just found a few threads with exactly this problem... And there's some areas where it's really hard to postion yourself correct, especially with rails. I'll try myself in those bad areas ;)
I might have a look into this problem with my Mooching module, should probably rename it to fishing lawl... but uhm, i need an example of where it doesn't work so i can test...
(10-16-2013, 12:41 PM)ymko Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-16-2013, 12:40 PM)TauTau Wrote: [ -> ]gonna have to try for myself, just found a few threads with exactly this problem... And there's some areas where it's really hard to postion yourself correct, especially with rails. I'll try myself in those bad areas ;)
I might have a look into this problem with my Mooching module, should probably rename it to fishing lawl... but uhm, i need an example of where it doesn't work so i can test...

I normally have the "You sense no fish" error making it hard to fish. Since the bot only goes to the marker up to a specific distance and not exactly where you placed it it becomes difficult to fish. You can try out at Oschon's Torch. Was trying to fish there and the only way i could get it to work was setup 2 nodes very far away form each other so the bot was heading directly at the ledge and not parallel to the cliff/water. Doing that was the only way to ensure he got close enough to the edge.