MMOMinion

Full Version: Surviving failed dodges
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Taking the big AOEs you're supposed to dodge can make fights exceptionally brutal; many fates end up killing my bot (especially the 1 big boss mob and big hordes of mobs kinds).

I figured I'd try adding some rudimentary dodging logic, but I didn't see anything relating to the dodge indicators exposed in the lua api. Is this data available somewhere or are the devs still digging around for it?

If it's not available, any suggestions for how to keep your bot alive?
(10-18-2013, 04:21 PM)overture2112 Wrote: [ -> ]Taking the big AOEs you're supposed to dodge can make fights exceptionally brutal; many fates end up killing my bot (especially the 1 big boss mob and big hordes of mobs kinds).

I figured I'd try adding some rudimentary dodging logic, but I didn't see anything relating to the dodge indicators exposed in the lua api. Is this data available somewhere or are the devs still digging around for it?

If it's not available, any suggestions for how to keep your bot alive?

- Wait until combat movement is implemented, I guess.
- Train your Chocobos
- Skip Fates
- Use a Pet Class/Job
- Use a ranged/pushback class/job (I don't think kiting logic is in yet)
We will add the mob aoe target indicator to the logic soon, fear not.
(10-18-2013, 05:24 PM)Powder Wrote: [ -> ]We will add the mob aoe target indicator to the logic soon, fear not.

Does that mean you've found the raw data already? I'd love to tinker with it this weekend while you work on a more complete solution.
(10-22-2013, 11:27 AM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]well for now you can try to check if there are similiarities in the "Current ActionID" of the targets...afaik that is showing what type of attack the enemy is doing ...havent had time to check on yet

You mean check the action the enemy is currently doing against a hand made list of "dodge this" abilities? That probably wouldn't be too bad but you don't know in which direction / how far to run away (eg. run far back from fate boss's massive circle vs just sidestepping a column attack).

Is there no way to determine the red circle/cone/column region?
At this time no, but we are working on it.