MMOMinion

Full Version: Bug report - Gathering & changing markers
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's a bug in changing markers routine. It can be repeated everytime, as long as conditions are met. Things go like:

Prerequisites:
- 2 ore more gather markers (tested with mining) on the mesh, with timer different then 0 on all.
- stealth enabled

Bug sequence:
1. Bot decides to move to another marker, since it stood the required time at the current one
2. After a few steps it goes near a mob and goes into stealth
3. Now, instead of continuing to go further to the new marker, it returns to the nearest resource node at the current marker.
4. When it goes near the resource node at the current marker, it realizes that he wants though to go to a new marker, so walks again towards the new one, enters the mob range again after a few steps, goes into stealth mode and then it returns to the resource node.

It keeps doing this for hours, unless someone kills the mob or the mob leaves the area alone.
Are you certain that its stealth related...did you test it without stealth? I've seen a similar issue but looking at the code I'm having a hard time seeing how stealth would be involved.
I have this issue on multiple bots, even with stealth off.
(10-22-2013, 11:56 PM)f3re Wrote: [ -> ]Are you certain that its stealth related...did you test it without stealth? I've seen a similar issue but looking at the code I'm having a hard time seeing how stealth would be involved.

With stealth disabled never had the issue. It's like triggering stealth on makes the bot forgot that he's going to change the current gather marker, so it goes to the nearest resource node on the current gather marker. Once there, it checks again if it should gather it or change the marker, so it's changing it, goes in mob range, turns stealth on, then again he's mindblinded, forgets about the marker change instruction.

Turning stealth off right when it does this fixes the issue for the moment, it goes to the next marker as intended (hopefully the mob won't aggro or the bot will run fast enough to outpace the mob).
There are some bugs with gathering markers, and this is most likely one of them. I've re-written the marker system to use a level range rather than a single level as well as some other fixes. I'll try to make sure this is fixed as well before we push the changes.
This isn't fixed. I have some big meshes with multiple markers different time on all the markers, and in one of them my bots will keep jumping over a non meshed obstable, back and forth until I will stop them. the only thing its missing is yellying " I'm a dumb bot, please ban me"
on another one, my bots will move from 1 node to another without gathering, something like racing to see who gets first to a node, and after running back to he second one, and so on.
On meshes with 1 marker I don't have these problems :( .