MMOMinion

Full Version: Mounts and Skills
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm trying the bot out with all setup correctly but the bot will only use the first skill in the skill profile over and over again and the mount option doesn't mount up always and when it does it starts going crazy in circles instead of heading to the destination.

Any ideas to why this is occurring? Thank you.

Additionally, Grind option rest isn't working for me either. The bot continues to fight until it needs to evac.

This option previously worked for me.
Your movement in circles may have to do with your movement settings in character configuration. Make sure it's set to Standard Type not Legacy.
mount doesn't work yet
as the others said, mount doesn't work yet so you shouldn't activate it.

Regarding Skill manager, these are my observations based on a couple weeks experience trying to get it to work. If I am wrong about any of this please educate me as I have found the Skill Manager very hard to work with.

The problem you are having with the first skill firing over and over is inherent to the way SM is currently implemented. I run a THM/BLM and many of the skills have the exact same CD so they all become available at the same time. It seems the SM reads the skills from top to bottom and fires off the first available skill it comes to. Since there is no control over the cool down of a specific skill, it is difficult to get them to fire in a specific order. What I have done is put the skills that have selectable trigger points (ie: MP, HP or a buffid) at the top of the list and skills with no restrictions toward the bottom. I then use player MP% to create a bit of a rotation. For example, I want to create a rotation of Raging Strike, Thunder, Swiftcast, Fire and then Blizzard. I put Raging Strike at the top of the list with a buffid restriction of "player not 125" (the ID for raging strike). This will cause this to fire only when it is not active. Then Thunder is restricted based on target HP so it will only fire when target health is above a certain %. Fire and Blizzard I restrict based on MP. I restrict Fire to player mp>600 and Blizzard to player mp<600. This will cause Fire to spam until mp drops and then Blizzard to spam until MP raises again.

I am explaining all of this just to give you some ideas on how to get skill manager to work for you in its current state. I am sure others have discovered different techniques and I would love to hear about them as, even with these techniques, I have found it very difficult to produce profiles that create the desired result. At the present time, and in my opinion, even well done skill manager profile combat rotations are far inferior to manual play. I am sure we will get there. This is still a beta. Hopefully some smart programmer will develop a tool similar to the Havoc tool we had with mmominion for GW2. Until then, with a little careful thought and creativity you can create profiles that are effective.

Hope this helps and I am anxious to hear how others are using skill manager.

Sully
No, mount do flippetyflop when spawning... looking forward till it work :)
You can set on your skills the "Previous Skill ID" setting in order to create a rotation.
Let's say you have 3 skills, skill 1 with id 1, skill 2 with id 2 and skill 3 with id 3 (you can see your skills id when you click them in skill manager). You want your rotation to be 3-1-2 (let's make it a little random). Then you should do the following:
  • move skill 3 last (using up/down)
  • put skill 2 first, and skill 1 second
  • on skill 1, put Previous Skill ID 3
  • on skill 2, Previous Skill ID 1
How it works:
  • skill manager checks indeed available skill at a moment from top to bottom, so ...
  • skill 2 (previous 1, not casted, skip) -> skill 1 (previous 3, not casted, skip) -> skill 3 (no restrictions, cast)
  • skill 2 (previous 1, not casted, skip) -> skill 1 (previous 3, was casted, cast)
  • skill 2 (previous 1, casted, cast)
So you have your rotation.
Thanks for the tip Gabi. I tried this early on and couldn't get it to work. It just spammed the first skill in the rotation as the first skill can not have a predecessor. Based on your recommendation, however, I will try it again. Maybe I did something wrong.

Edit - so I carefully mapped your recommendation. Brilliant......I see what you did. Make the skills fire in the reverse order of how they appear on the sills list. I see how that will work and will give it a go. Thanks again for the tip.