MMOMinion

Full Version: Rest MP percentage ignored?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hi Guys,

I have managed for a bot to do just about anything (done manual meshing, fates, markers etc), however it seems to completely ignore my MP rest %.

What's even worse it does it 90% of the time (not always!!!) and there doesn't seem to be any correlation to changing any settings.

Has anyone encountered this, or is there a workaround? Currently I'm banging my head on the wall now.....

Any help will be appreciated.

Kind regards
Paul
Looking at the code I don't see any reason why restmp wouldn't be working properly. Maybe you're not understanding how the rest code works, which is understandable as it hasn't been thoroughly documented yet. The restMP and restHP specify a percentage where the bot will not attack a new mob once its current target is dead; if rest is triggered, the bot will remain in its current position until it reaches 100% hp and 100% mp or it is attacked by a mob. It will not stop attacking its current mob if it falls below those percentages; only fleeing will be triggered mid combat. The fact that you say its working sometimes makes me think that you might be confused about how it behaves, but there could also be a bug...maybe somebody else can provide us some feedback as to whether its working for them or not as I'm not at a location where I can test it currently.
I do understand how it works as I have seen it working and when it does it's exactly as you say.

However most of the time (90%+) it's not triggering at all - meaning, when it's below rest % and kills currently targeted monsters, it DOES NOT just targets next one instead and continues the fight. Even when mana reaches 0 it does not stop fighting and targeting new monsters, it fights continuously (having to wait between casting spells a bit due to mana shortage) which eventually leads to the death of the character.

I said sometimes, because I've seen it working properly few times, yet I can't consistently reproduce the problem 100% of the time. As I said 90%+ of the time it ignores rest % and I see no correlation, hence the question.

Kind regards
Are you certain that the mobs its targeting are not aggro? I've just tested it again myself and it definitely stops and goes into rest mode when my mp drops below the set %. Not sure what else to say without getting some other feedback.

Also, if you're doing fates, do you have "Rest In Fates" enabled?
Nope they are not aggro - I've tested it extensively in very small area with Plasmoids (MorDhona Rathefrost). I've set up navmesh in a way that the bot never leaves plasmoids area (very end of the peninsula)

Not doing fates at all. Fate Grinding turned off.
Why don't you pm me your mesh so that I can test it later this afternoon. On a side note, when we end up figuring out whats going on and getting everything working for you, would you mind updating your post on ownedcore? It's a little bit rude to ask a support question here and in the middle of being helped go and create another complaint in one of our advertising threads, particularly since nobody goes back and corrects/updates their comments and so our thread ends up being full of complaints with no positive comments.
No problem will do that. And I posted on ownedcore as well in hope that someone will respond quickly nothing else - and I always update my post and I'm not the moaning type too :)))

Will get the post deleted on ownedcore if you like that no problem :))

I'll PM a mesh shortly :)

Ok I'm Probably just daft this time but I can't see an ability to add attachment into PM :)

Can't attach to post directly as it says that the type of an attachment file is not supported.

Can you advise please? :)

Kind regards
Paul
Hi f3re,

It seem that I'm not the only one having this issue ( http://mmominion.com/Thread-Bot-not-rest...light=evac) #

Just looking at the thread above there are at least several people having this issue.

I've also tested this against against various other public meshes.....and the effect is exactly the same - 90% of the time it ignores not only MP rest % but HP as well...

I've tried thanalan, shroud, and many others - I've even tried the "specific monster routine" module which was produced by one user on the forums to actually limit what the bot is attacking - still no avail.

Therefore, after testing it so extensively I'm positive that it wasn't anything to do with my mesh at all. Especially that many other people seem to have seen this as well in pure "grind" mode.....

I've deleted my post on ownedcore as requested.

However I'd greatly appreciate help there, I think the bot is great (the best one in fact and I've tried all of them), and I'll be more than happy to pay for it provided this issue is fixed.

Kind regards
Paul
I found the bug and pushed a fix for it...didn't have time to test it thoroughly so please report back your findings.
That is fantastic....thank you very much - will test it thoroughly this evening and provide feedback....

Kind regards
Pages: 1 2