MMOMinion

Full Version: Lots of Crashes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi, everytime i use the bot (in windowed mode) it works for about 10 minutes but then crashes the game for me with no warning or error.
I have no idea why but i can't use it as much as i'd like because of this. It happens in fate grinding and gathering and everything
seems to work fine until bam it crashes the game.
Please tell me im not the only one with this problem.
Thanks in advance.
(10-31-2013, 09:03 PM)zoraswe Wrote: [ -> ]Hi, everytime i use the bot (in windowed mode) it works for about 10 minutes but then crashes the game for me with no warning or error.
I have no idea why but i can't use it as much as i'd like because of this. It happens in fate grinding and gathering and everything
seems to work fine until bam it crashes the game.
Please tell me im not the only one with this problem.
Thanks in advance.
Sure, several of us experience crashes. Here's what I've found.
- First, make sure you've followed the Installation and Troubleshooting Instructions closely, especially the Preparation part (install all of the support files needed, even if you don't think you need them, and reboot your machine after you're done!). If it's still not working, follow the If The Game Is Crashing At This Point part. You didn't say, but if you're using an AV with heuristic checks for process injection it will likely crash the program even if you have the AV disabled or the executable excluded. The only way to be sure is to uninstall the AV (and possibly your firewall) and see if that fixes the problem. As the guide says, MSE seems to work well as an AV. I don't know if there are any perfect firewalls out there that don't interfere...maybe if you DMZ the game and Minion? As I'll explain later, anything that induces lag is bad so use that as your guideline to setting up your security.

- You mentioned Windowed Mode as indeed the tutorial says for you to use. My experience is it works best in Windowed Fullscreen Mode. I think it's because Windowed induces more lag than Windowed Fullscreen. Personally, I don't try Fullscreen enough to say if it works. I use multiple screens and I hate not being able to casually click out while continuing to view the game window.

- Wait for the game to fully load (as in you are playing your character and NOT at the select screen or earlier) before starting Minion. It often starts for me before I've logged in completely...but then it often crashes for me when I do that as well.

- Make SURE you use a unique key (or keys if you have more than one copy running on multiple machines). For the beta, since you don't have any ideas what other ppl's keys are, be fairly aggressive on this...I use randomly generated 16 char alpha numeric codes and they've done the trick. There are random password generators out there that can help you with this. Anyone reading this after the software goes Gold, just use the key issued to you...random keys are part of the beta only!

- For the "Crash to Desktop" errors (the client just disappears with no error code), which is the type I commonly have, I've isolated two main causes:
1) Modules. I've caused the problem fairly consistently while experimenting with my own lua, so using some downloaded modules can definitely make the problem worse. I copy my module directories to zips then delete everything except vanilla Minion when working problems. I also don't leave any mods installed that I'm not currently using. The lua-related crashes are probably lag related and so are really part of cause #2:

2) Lag. Any kind of lag leads to both the CTDs when using Minion and the 90K errors that are so prevalent in FFXIV at any time. I've started using proxies to reduce this and they've taken my crashes from a couple times an hour after following all other advice to once in 12 hours during my last play session. Very tolerable if rather rhetorical...I can't say for sure I've "fixed" it until I've played a couple weeks using the proxies. You can use gamer-specific proxies (which do seem to work the best), but the services meant to hide your activities from your ISP (file sharing/news group downloading/etc) to prevent throttling also seem to make a difference. I would avoid public proxies as they're slow and tend to draw the ire of both ISPs and game companies. You'll make more problems than you fix with a public service. Pick a server as close to Montreal as you can and bail off it if things get worse. If you go with a service that allows "chaining" (one server with the lowest possible ping to you chained to another as close to Montreal as possible) you will get fairly impressive results as that will keep your hops to a minimum and hopefully on the backbone. Doing this cut my average ping from 435ms to 110ms. The services that do this want a fairly substantial subscription fee, though, and may not be worth it...after all, you're trying to fix crashes during botting not the game counting you as staying in the red AOE zone when you know darn well you got out of it.

Hope all this helps.
Thank you for this wonderful reply! I have followed the installation guide perfectly but I suppose I can go through it again.
I will try disabling my AV and Firewall, see if that helps. I have not experienced much lag in FFXIV so far,
I use an optic fiber broadband so my connection is pretty good so I can pretty much rule out lag, I have never gotten a 9000 error either.
As for the unique key, it wasn't very unique haha but I will try with a new one, thanks for the tip.
I will get back to you once I've tested everything you posted.
Thanks again.