MMOMinion

Full Version: Navmesh
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok I am really sorry for this normally you won't ever hear from me but I have a new prob, I updated, navigation works great runs fine thank you alot for that but now seems that have a Navmesh prob.
I go to MeshManager - Editor and as soon as I check the show triangles the whole game bogs down to where it goes in slow mo, my CPU kicks up like its being worked alot in my task manager my cpu jumps from 8 to 30 I uncheck it (show triangles) cpu drops right down and all is ok. I have it set to record size of 5 so I don't make large meshes.
I have a Intel I7-3770k with 24gb ram and a HD7970 3gb vid card (if you needed info). I have restarted and rebooted a few times to see if corrects but still doing the same. Also if i hit control - quit and try to restart it just keeps popping up login window and wont restart.

If you have any suggestions how i can fix plz let me know. Again sorry :(
Rendering the triangles on a big mesh will hit performance pretty heavy
i have set on 5, making small area at a time...you can see in pic. In this pic I have it set to 3 but even set on 1 its bogging down game app where movement is very slow if you can move at all.
So you're saying that with a navmesh of the same size as you're displaying in your screen (just a few cells wide around your char) it's hitting your cpu that heavy?
Correct ...once I shut down show triangles its fine
Thought it might have been area I was in because see a few botters mining so move to another zone still doing same thing
This is new, I have restarted app, restarted game , rebooted pc continues with same.. only started since update, just wondering if I am missing some place I need to check on new updates that i may have set and need to change
Very odd with your specs as I have zero issues with far less specs. I used to get lag when I did "Show Navmesh" on large mesh's but now due to new system that's completely gone and i have no lag displaying mesh's and when recording its only laggy when its on 10+ size. At 10 its nice and smooth, made several mesh's from towns to repair npc's to gathering/mining spots no issues.
I am gonna try delete and reinstall of prog.. see if that fixes.

Ok redid app and seems to fix the prob its working again.. probably had a corrupt file, but still want to mention the shut down process

If I quit (control - quit) and restart the app it wont restart, it just keeps popping Login window. I have to completely quit game and restart game then relaunch app and this is even with new install, just tossing out there i can live with no biggie. Thanks guys :)
Yea, I've got the same problem as you will try a reinstall as well. And the second part you mentionned is also true for me. The bot seems to hook PRETTY GOOD to the game, even when you shut it down. If I was to open Minion, close it through exit, then re-open it, my game crashes.