MMOMinion

Full Version: How to force Ranged Classes into Melee Range with FATE mobs?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The best AOE spell in FATEs is Blizzard2 and sadly it's a melee range AOE spell.

I did a special test with Skill Manager putting only just Blizzard2 (with Min/Max Range = 0/3, AOE Target >=0) and the bot would just stay at 25 yards max range and do nothing.
put target player and it will use blizzard
I botted tharum/blm all the way to 50, I never used blizzard II once. I always got golds in the fates. Once your 44 and have fire-starter you'll never use blizzard only if your mp is low.
(11-10-2013, 08:59 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]put target player and it will use blizzard

Already tried Target=Player and Target=Enemy, bot will not move into melee range to cast Blizzard2. Bot will stand there and afk until FATE enemy moves into melee range.

(11-10-2013, 09:04 PM)Powder Wrote: [ -> ]I botted tharum/blm all the way to 50, I never used blizzard II once. I always got golds in the fates. Once your 44 and have fire-starter you'll never use blizzard only if your mp is low.

I think most of us "Gil farmers" will only stop @ Level 17 or 20, Blizzard2 will be our bread-and-butter spell for that.

So anyway to edit the lua files to force a range class into melee range?
Nevermind, found this:
Code:
ffxiv_combat_thaumaturge = inheritsFrom(ml_task)
ffxiv_combat_thaumaturge.range = 6

function ffxiv_combat_thaumaturge:Create()
    local newinst = inheritsFrom(ffxiv_combat_thaumaturge)

--ml_task members
    newinst.valid = true
    newinst.completed = false
    newinst.subtask = nil
    newinst.auxiliary = false
    newinst.process_elements = {}
    newinst.overwatch_elements = {}

--ffxiv_combat_thaumaturge members
    newinst.name = "THAUMATURGE"
    newinst.targetid = 0
    newinst.range = 6

return newinst