MMOMinion

Full Version: [Module To Be] Dungeon V. Conceptual
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I've been toying with making a dungeon module for a while now and have decided to commit to it. At this point it is purely conceptual. And I NEED YOUR HELP.

I need a Complete list of everything that it will need to cover for every role.

Here is the current list.

Out of Dungeon:
-=Repairs
-Que
-=Accept Que
-Switch Back to a previous function(Grind/Gather while waiting for que to pop)
-Change Gear Set.

In Dungeon:

-=Skip Cutscene
-=Food
-=Buffs

Movement:
-Combat Movement- Avoid ground targeted ability's
-Best Character based AoE's, moves to the optimal position to cast player based AoE's i.e. Flash, Circle of Scorn, etc
-Stack Monster Logic
---Run From Ranged Monsters, Then run back on top of them to stack non-ranged and ranged monsters.
--Move to heal if needed.

Combat:
-Spell/Ability Interrupts, i.e. Blunt Arrow, Shield Bash, etc.
-AoE Based on target selection.
-Regain Lost Enmity Rotation
-=Standard Skill Rotation
-Monster Kill Order/Priorities
-Enmity Management
-Healing Prioritization.
-Removing Debuff's

Boss:
-Special Mechanics
-Positioning
-Line of Sight Based AoE Avoidance.

I need Everyone to help enhance this list with everything that we will possibly need to cover in order to make this successful.

Some of the aspects needed require things not currently doable/available on the bot, but i want to start working on it and need your help fellow botters. Begin making a list of what we need in the bot to accomplish the task of UN-attended dungeons.
That looks like at least 5+ modules, not one.
This is a great list and a great way to collect data. Just remember that there's lots of data you'd need for dungeons that's not currently available via the lua api, and that there's also a good chance that we'll develop a general purpose scriptable dungeon framework down the road after we do quests (as long as our subscriber numbers continue to justify the additional work). So by all means brainstorm and get some ideas together but I wouldn't recommend wholeheartedly jumping into implementation until you talk to one of the core devs to determine whats possible given the current availability of data via lua. We've worked on this stuff before and have a good idea about how complex different aspects of the design are.
In Dungeon:
Skip Cutscene

Movement:
Tank/DPS/Heal Mode

Tank: Follows Mesh
DPS/Heal: Follows Tank [With a bit of randomness]
(11-13-2013, 01:58 AM)Kaeyt Sith Wrote: [ -> ]In Dungeon:
Skip Cutscene

Movement:
Tank/DPS/Heal Mode

Tank: Follows Mesh
DPS/Heal: Follows Tank [With a bit of randomness]
Range DPS, Melee DPS no? :P
I know like if somehow my healer could get in a dungeon the profile i have is working and as long as it could queue up, and follow the group it'd be win. Farm tomes all day and night.
Current Progress with this project can be found here:
https://github.com/wildicedemon/DungeonIce

I've started working on the portion's that I can. The majority of this will probably result in rewriting the skill manager code which is too generalized imo to be capable to run dungeons with player like skill(not including the really bad players). At this point In time I'm just working on a collection of functions that can be used to do the calculation or pulling the information needed.

This will take some time to complete the way I want to but sit back and hopefully if I work quick(and the devs get the needed parts put in) you guys might get a nice Christmas gift.
If you are going to be rewriting the skill manager, look at how i handle conditions in v2.2.0 of crafting tool when i release it, there is a nice way to add conditions and do checks on conditions that doesn't require a lot of code, just a table of conditions matched to where you get the values(including function calls)... In fact it would be very simple to rewrite the crafting tool to be a new skill manager :)
I'll probably take a look at then thanks ymko :)