MMOMinion

Full Version: How would you like the skill editor to look? (Closed)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Option 1(Old GUI):
The way it is now, except add this:
  1. Ability to type in MAX and use +- inside the fields so an example would be:
    ToTT: cp <= MAX - 20
  2. Ability to tell how many times a certain skill through a craft can be used(progress only):
    Careful Synth: Use = 3, durability <= 30
    This will use synth at 30 durability once, at 20 once and at 10 once.
  3. Open to other suggestions which you can suggest bellow, but the basic idea is to keep the same GUI and Functionality

Option 2(New GUI approach a bit more functionality) but all profiles will have to be remade:
  • >Skill Information
    • Skill Name (Field)
    • Skill ID (Numeric Field)
    • Enabled(Checkbox)
    • MaxDurability > 40(Checkbox)
  • >Case List (can be more than 3 cases, just as an example)
    • Add Case (Button)
    • ---------------(empty line)
    • Case 1 (Button)
    • Case 2 (Button)
    • Case 3 (Button)
  • >Condition List (can be more than 3 conditions, just as an example)
    • Add Condition (Button)
    • Condition 1 (Button)
    • Condition 2 (Button)
    • Condition 3 (Button)
    • Delete Case (Button)
  • >Edit Condition
    • Amount of Values (Drop Down List) i.e 2
    • Condition Name (Field)
    • Condition Type (Drop Down List) i.e cp,progress etc
    • Condition Operator (Drop Down List) i.e > < <= >= = !=
    • Condition Value (Numeric Field)
    • OR\AND (Drop Down List)
    • Condition Operator (Drop Down List) i.e > < <= >= = !=
    • Condition Value (Numeric Field)
    • Delete Condition (Button)
  • UP (Button)
  • DOWN (Button)
  • DELETE SKILL (Button)

MAX and +- would still be available in Option 2.

A little bit on cases:
Case would be a way to add 1 skill instead of adding 3, so for example with Careful Synth and 3 step craft instead of doing:
Careful Synth: conditions

You would go with:
Careful Synth:
Case 1 -> conditions
Case 2 -> conditions
Case 3 -> conditions

DONT FORGET TO VOTE AT THE TOP
My pea brain doesn't understand the new GUI just from this text model and I'm satisfied with the old GUI so far.

P.S. just need a fix for IQ stacks (Great Strides doesn't read IQ stack requirement right and just casts it at 0 stacks)
(11-13-2013, 09:55 AM)Koopla Wrote: [ -> ]My pea brain doesn't understand the new GUI just from this text model and I'm satisfied with the old GUI so far.

P.S. just need a fix for IQ stacks (Great Strides doesn't read IQ stack requirement right and just casts it at 0 stacks)
anything starting with > is openable\closeable group of variables
rest is just variables :P

(11-13-2013, 07:50 AM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]:)
sadly I have no clue about crafting :D
It's just not very practical to change GUI once someone tells me: "This skill needs this and it's not in, so could you do it please".
So I though of universal solution, which would require minimal edits on my side when and if there is more info added afterwards Smile
Could you see possible problems with such UI, it's obviously in 1 Window :P
new GUI :) jep
(11-13-2013, 12:06 PM)Shaolin2 Wrote: [ -> ]new GUI :) jep
Vote then Smile
Interesting options in the new GUI.
With how these windows work/resize it might make sense to have the Condition editor as a second window... although there's already a lot of windows going on haha.

While we're talking GUI, it might help people understand these profiles if there was a more clear way to define if it's a 2-step, 3-step or 4-step progress synth. That could be defined as a dropdown with the number of crafts, since you'll be setting that section up per craft anyway. That way rather than tracing the full logic of a profile, people could start profiles with getting it to use the correct amount of synth actions. :)
(11-13-2013, 12:38 PM)Icaros Wrote: [ -> ]Interesting options in the new GUI.
With how these windows work/resize it might make sense to have the Condition editor as a second window... although there's already a lot of windows going on haha.

While we're talking GUI, it might help people understand these profiles if there was a more clear way to define if it's a 2-step, 3-step or 4-step progress synth. That could be defined as a dropdown with the number of crafts, since you'll be setting that section up per craft anyway. That way rather than tracing the full logic of a profile, people could start profiles with getting it to use the correct amount of synth actions. :)
In the NEW GUI it would look simple, such as Case 1, Case 2, Case 3, Case 4(for 4 step lets say), and you could enable\disable cases...
Love new GUI for sure ;), nice ideas !