MMOMinion

Full Version: Shard Economy on your Server
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, how destroyed is the economy for shards on everyone's servers? Just as a point, if you are using this bot to make money and are selling shards, do not undercut, even by 1 gil. Eventually these shard prices are going to drop to a point where you are only going to make between 5 and 10 gil per shard. The time it would take to make any amount of gil is going to increase so exponentially its not even funny. People are continuously undercutting by absurd amounts and it is just silly.
(11-13-2013, 02:15 PM)xoured Wrote: [ -> ]So, how destroyed is the economy for shards on everyone's servers? Just as a point, if you are using this bot to make money and are selling shards, do not undercut, even by 1 gil. Eventually these shard prices are going to drop to a point where you are only going to make between 5 and 10 gil per shard. The time it would take to make any amount of gil is going to increase so exponentially its not even funny. People are continuously undercutting by absurd amounts and it is just silly.

And we should care because? Shards have not been the way to generate gil for a very long time
What would be your method of gil making then? Previously I was at 1-1.5mil every 8 hours. Dunno what beats that
(11-13-2013, 02:35 PM)R3P0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2013, 02:15 PM)xoured Wrote: [ -> ]So, how destroyed is the economy for shards on everyone's servers? Just as a point, if you are using this bot to make money and are selling shards, do not undercut, even by 1 gil. Eventually these shard prices are going to drop to a point where you are only going to make between 5 and 10 gil per shard. The time it would take to make any amount of gil is going to increase so exponentially its not even funny. People are continuously undercutting by absurd amounts and it is just silly.

And we should care because? Shards have not been the way to generate gil for a very long time

Maybe not on your server, but shards used to be an amazing source of gil on mine. I see people undercut by 5-20gil per shard under lowest seller more recently and destroying the shard market. I used to be able to sell shards at 70gil a piece but a recent rise in botters and gil sellers has crumbled what used to be a good thing. I'd be lucky to sell shards at 20g a piece now.
(11-13-2013, 02:40 PM)OogieBoogie Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-13-2013, 02:35 PM)R3P0 Wrote: [ -> ]

Maybe not on your server, but shards used to be an amazing source of gil on mine. I see people undercut by 5-20gil per shard under lowest seller more recently and destroying the shard market. I used to be able to sell shards at 70gil a piece but a recent rise in botters and gil sellers has crumbled what used to be a good thing. I'd be lucky to sell shards at 20g a piece now.

This, there was no better way, so please enlighten me lol
Look at the prices of certain mats for various crafts and youll see what im talking about. Also Spiritbonding is a much better source of income then shards. Some T4 materia sell for 400k a pop. I usually SB a bunch of mats and just convert them all at 1x.

Just make sure you chocobo is level 4 healer and you'll understand what im getting at.
i am actually doing well on my server my shards are selling for 60 each and 150 for crystals. i am able to sell stacks of 1000-3000 on shards and 100-500 on crystals almost instantly during prime time.
My server used to be like that until the army of teleport hacking bots came back in a huge wave. For a long time me and a friend of mine controlled the majority of the market selling for 60g+ per shard. Now with teleport hackers putting up 20k+ shards every few hours the price has dropped to 15-30g depending on the shard and time of day. Even reporting them over and over does nothing.
Spiritbonding might not be a bad idea, but only if you get some good IV materias.
the lvl 55 crafted gear gives the IV materias if pretty sure, put it on a grinding profile shouldnt take long to spirit bond it.
Pages: 1 2