MMOMinion

Full Version: Levelling - Very Confused
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi can someone point me in the right direction please?

I took the Western Thanalan NavMap from here: http://mmominion.com/Thread-100-Meshes

I added Markers for grinding at various levels

1. Level 1-4 (By the Steps of Nald)
2. Level 5-9 (Around Hammerlea)
3. Level 10-14 (Horizons Edge)

But it seems to just randomly pick a marker.

I don't have "ignore Marker Level" checked, so i know its not that.

I want to be able to set my bot up in an area at lvl 1, and leave him grinding to level 14 or whatever, by moving to the next highest marker when it reaches that level, but im level 9 and it still keeps going to marker 1 and has totally ignored 5-9
If that behavior is occurring then its a bug; its designed to work exactly as you have specified you want it to work. I'll take a look at it and see if I can figure out whats going on.

Edit: When you say it "keeps going to marker 1" do you mean that it is continuing to grind there and hasn't left, or that you stopped and restarted the bot and it went back to the level 1 marker?
It hasn't left, i even tried moving to near the other markers, and it keeps running back to the lowest one.

Also tried turning bot off, restarting it, still goes back to the lowest marker.
(11-13-2013, 10:56 PM)Kaeyt Sith Wrote: [ -> ]It hasn't left, i even tried moving to near the other markers, and it keeps running back to the lowest one.

Also tried turning bot off, restarting it, still goes back to the lowest marker.

Having same issue Ive been using latty fully mapped meshes with his botany and mining all done. When you select the marker you want to use in the gather manager it doesn't follow that code it just randomly goes to where ever it wants to. No matter what settings I setup. Only way to fix it is delete all other markers except ones you want to mine off if your looking for specific item or just tryin to level off certain range.

Did some testing I Stopped the bot and waited a little abit not sure what I did but I kept console window up and after abit while I ran gather first then stopped it I watch console log and it seems like when you first run gather manager it doesn update the min / max lvl and set the gather marker type but for some reason when I stopped bot waited and watched the console I saw it finally read and set the info and I started bot again from there and its working flawlessly from the marker I set and I have other marks still up on mesh. So it might just be a simple routine call that needs to be called upon hitting start/stop of button?

Ok so finally looked while console was fully up cause I died for some reason. Bascially when you hit start/stop on the bot to gather it randomly is picking from markers that the mesh has on it. Its not looking the gather manager drop down menu for what you selected. It took me 3 trys of stop start stop starting bot for it to select the profile I wanted off mesh not a huge deal easy work around for now til devs fix the glitch.
Yeh that's no good, you want the bot to move from marker to marker as it levels or you may as well level manually.

http://mmominion.com/Thread-Tutorial-Mesh-Markers
"For marker levels, the bot will use markers that are +/- 5 of its current job level for each activity if you do not have "Ignore Marker Lvl" enabled."

Is it me reading this wrong? this sounds like - The Bot will randomly pick a marker within +/- 5 lvl range from you.

Why when grinding would you want to be killing moves -5 lvls when you get practically no xp for them? you would be killing mobs for many times the hours needed to gain a level killing mobs at your level.

For optimum grinding you want your character leveling off mobs that are the same level as he/she is or within a few levels over, so having markers set to every 3 levels, ie:

Mob Lvl 1-3
Mob Lvl 4-6
Mob Lvl 7-9
Mob Lvl 10-12

i.e On this map, the bot would start at marker 1, hits level 4 and recognises its now too high for maker 1, so moves on to marker 2 etc.