MMOMinion

Full Version: Few questions about FFXIV
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I am interested in trying FFXIV, just for profit. I am not going to play it by hand. But got some questions to you guys.

1) Is it profitable? Comparision with GW2 would be nice. I know that this game is pretty fresh and prices will go down drastically in time.

2) I've asked a question about CPU & RAM in other thread, but I don't have a precise answer. What is the RAM usage of each client? FFXIV is CPU or RAM killer? I have ~10-15% usage of CPU on each GW2 client. What can I expect in FFXIV?

3) I've heard that in FFXIV you can't send the cash to the dude on another server. Is that true? If no, how to send it without noticing the devs.

4) What do you guys farm and what is your profit from that? I found some threads but prices and trends are changing in time and I want to know how is the market today.

5) Question to Minion devs. Is there smilar DLL like in GW2Minion which I can use to launch account's by myself? (LaunchAccount function's etc.)

Thanks for answers.
(11-21-2013, 02:21 PM)Tormiasz Wrote: [ -> ]I am interested in trying FFXIV, just for profit. I am not going to play it by hand. But got some questions to you guys.

1) Is it profitable? Comparision with GW2 would be nice. I know that this game is pretty fresh and prices will go down drastically in time.

2) I've asked a question about CPU & RAM in other thread, but I don't have a precise answer. What is the RAM usage of each client? FFXIV is CPU or RAM killer? I have ~10-15% usage of CPU on each GW2 client. What can I expect in FFXIV?

3) I've heard that in FFXIV you can't send the cash to the dude on another server. Is that true? If no, how to send it without noticing the devs.

4) What do you guys farm and what is your profit from that? I found some threads but prices and trends are changing in time and I want to know how is the market today.

5) Question to Minion devs. Is there smilar DLL like in GW2Minion which I can use to launch account's by myself? (LaunchAccount function's etc.)

Thanks for answers.

The prices for gil is around $15 per 1 million from gil selling websites. It was around $25 per 1 million about a month ago. But in order to make money you need to have a retainer. You can only get a retainer when you're lvl 20 and have completed the main scenario up to a certain point but it's better to keep going until you hit the grand companies. This will give you a chocobo and you can ride around in zones faster. So you have to invest time and effort into being able to make any sort of profit and the bot cannot afk this for you.

You can expect FFXIV to take up quite a bit of CPU and GPU even on the lowest settings. If you want to use multiple clients on one computer, I recommend using "Disable Rendering" in the bot.

You can't send gil to anyone on another server without first making a character on that server and earning the gil on said server. It's like WoW, you make gold on one server, you sell gold on one server. There are no ifs ands or buts unless you're willing to pay for server transfers which would be counter intuitive.

For farming, you can farm literally any mat that crafters use. They sell for nice chunks. But if you're doing any one thing for too long, people will report you for botting.
Thanks for your reply. Question 3 is done. Maybe some1 else could write his point of view?

Ty.
here you need to pay for game time (22euro 2months) + bot ( hight price 7 euro-1 client ) and becose of this game is not worth to botting

gill's price is low , 3-10 USD
and aslo is really hard to sell gill's becose custommer must be online + you cant transfer beetween servers
If it's not profitable, why people bot it? :)
(11-22-2013, 04:02 PM)Tormiasz Wrote: [ -> ]If it's not profitable, why people bot it? :)

Because it is a fun game to play for the most part. Crafting in this game can be very profitable, gathering materials for crafting can be extremely repetitive and I for one wouldn't have the stomach to do it all by hand.

Additionally, Fate grinding is the best route for getting other classes (after your first) to 50. Bot is fantastic for that aspect.

While you could get an Account to a level of "profit" the profit would not likely warrant the time investment it took to get their.

I play on a legacy server as my main char is 1.x. I can only speak for legacy here but prices on legacy are drastically lower (a lot more gold exists on these servers) and would be very hard to compete on.

A newer server could be a very different story.
(11-22-2013, 04:02 PM)Tormiasz Wrote: [ -> ]If it's not profitable, why people bot it? :)

Some people bot to circumvent the grindy parts of a game that they otherwise enjoy, not just to rape it for profit without even spending an hour playing it before loading the bot for the first time.

Crazy, I know.
Hah, I poorly expressed. I meant that many of botters are doing it for profit so it must be profitable at all.
(11-22-2013, 05:40 PM)Tormiasz Wrote: [ -> ]Hah, I poorly expressed. I meant that many of botters are doing it for profit so it must be profitable at all.

so far todate ive made almost 4500 usd from ffxiv(profit). Leveling gearing then selling accounts and selling gil. Its only gonna get better once 2.1 comes out.
(11-22-2013, 07:32 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-22-2013, 05:40 PM)Tormiasz Wrote: [ -> ]Hah, I poorly expressed. I meant that many of botters are doing it for profit so it must be profitable at all.

so far todate ive made almost 4500 usd from ffxiv(profit). Leveling gearing then selling accounts and selling gil. Its only gonna get better once 2.1 comes out.

You should be receiving an e-mail explaining a slight price modification for your bot keys. Please send us the extra amount requested at your earlier convenience.
Pages: 1 2