MMOMinion

Full Version: --SOLVED-- FFXIVMinion keeps crashing game client --SOLVED--
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
ok, simple.. have no logs on what causes these crashes..
--Login game--
--Char select-- (i know you can setup bot here, but on the save side login to server and game
--In game--
--Start minion--
--Crash--

When i try it in char selection, minion comes up :P nu lua's loaded, login game .. --CRASH--

Ok rebuild minion clean..
Put all my lua's back...
--Crash--

Ok starting over.. this time no lua mods etc. just clean minion.
--start minion--
--Client instant crash--

never had these problem with any of the minion bots.. so before i even posted this.. looked over and over on my side what i prolly could have done wrong..

This happened today after minion did a small update.

Will go over it again.. might be me
but if any have this let me know, before i lose hours on this looking for my probably made error :P

Problem SOLVED!
looks like it crashes when its loading the lua modules. Try to remove everything from the luamods folder and see if it still crashes.
(11-21-2013, 10:48 PM)rexmundi Wrote: [ -> ]Ok starting over.. this time no lua mods etc. just clean minion.
--start minion--
--Client instant crash--

(11-22-2013, 09:20 AM)HansW Wrote: [ -> ]looks like it crashes when its loading the lua modules. Try to remove everything from the luamods folder and see if it still crashes.

Not wanna offend you Hans, but allready did that and posted that i did that, like i said, i'm not the complaining one, i over look all before i even made a post, where none can really help as there is no log nor others have this problem, so it's prolly me.

Ohw and yes i know it crashes upon loading lua's.

Ok tried it once more..

New folder --> updater.exe :P
Woot new minion --> launch FFXIV
Get ingame --> Yeah i know Jpn server lol EU/US down for Big patch so prolly we also be getting major minion downtime :P
Launch our Minion ---> Crash (upon loading lua's.. and yes only the build in ones

I'm sorry to say, this really annoys me, can't find where this is happening.
for now i will wait on 2.1 FFXIV and see what happens after we have minion update.

For now thx for reading and will report when i found the thing that's causing this.
what i meant is, when you are on the charsel screen, before entering the game, clean out the luamods folder. then enter the game. it should not load any lua code then. if that still crashes, its something else.
when you did a clean install, you did not copy any config files over, right ?
Ok i did try this -->
Start game ---> Character select screen ---> start minion.
Removed after starting minion all files from lua folder in main dir, so also all base minion lua's (dir cleaned out:P)
Login to the game fromout Char select scr. -----> Crash upon still loading, not even made it ingame.

any idea's ? where to look next??
sadly not. do you get any error message when the game crashes ?
Nope no error msg.

Only one thing left..
shutting down all my bots..
time to restart system and maybe rebuild FFXIV client.

Will let you know what i can find.

----update----

StackHash
gives this error on time of crash : fbd9
And can't find this error code... grrrr

Ok i can prolly bypass the stackhash by turning of DEP in Windows, but that would not resolve the issue.
For as far i know Stackhash occurs when you have low mem (what's not the case) or an illigal mem access or error.

So for now it seems FFXIVMinion and my memory ain't liking each other.. all of a sudden... hmmz strange behavior i must say.

Will look into it further more..
What os do you use?
Win 7 Pro
You have the prerequisites installed?
Pages: 1 2 3