MMOMinion

Full Version: Bot running into walls: Stray Mesh Triangle was found floating many miles above
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Note: No intermesh connectors or Lalafel characters were used.

This normally happens mostly to mining on rocks/ledges/cliffs where once you use a "record size > 1", the mesh record module automatically generates a set of stray mesh triangle above the rock/ledge/cliff (Note that it is probably possible to walk on the set of stray mesh triangle. But since it is 1,000 miles above ground level, it is humanly impossible to fly up and reach).

If you're lucky, you will see the stray triangle on top of a "not-so-tall" rock, if not, you will have to use Mesh Lab to zoom and see it.

So what happens next is that eventually the bot will attempt to reach that "set of stray mesh triangle above the rock/ledge/cliff" even if you didn't check "randomize path" and the mesh is huge (i.e. Latty's 100% meshes), since it can't climb over the wall, the bot will keep running into the walls.
I've experienced this issue in a few meshes. I just removed the triangle it works perfectly.
(11-24-2013, 06:20 AM)eendaen Wrote: [ -> ]I've experienced this issue in a few meshes. I just removed the triangle it works perfectly.

So far the only solution is to use MeshLab and delete them.
what is meshlab?