MMOMinion

Full Version: anti-afk not working
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey there, I've reported in the live chat abt a day ago regarding the anti-afk system on minion not working as it should be.
So basically I've set minion to gather mode, with a small mesh for an unspoiled node so that i could let minion do the work for me while i head out/to bed. However, because unspoiled nodes only respawn every 24 hrs eorzea time, or more than an hr IRL, FF14 auto kicks me out of the server and i return to FF running cinematics instead.

I hope Stefan (the guy on livechat who responded to my query) informed you guys abt it and will fix it in the next patch =)Superman
(11-27-2013, 05:10 PM)Anarky Wrote: [ -> ]Hey there, I've reported in the live chat abt a day ago regarding the anti-afk system on minion not working as it should be.
So basically I've set minion to gather mode, with a small mesh for an unspoiled node so that i could let minion do the work for me while i head out/to bed. However, because unspoiled nodes only respawn every 24 hrs eorzea time, or more than an hr IRL, FF14 auto kicks me out of the server and i return to FF running cinematics instead.

I hope Stefan (the guy on livechat who responded to my query) informed you guys abt it and will fix it in the next patch =)Superman
Stefan is one of the main guys here Snicker

But yeah I have also noticed anti-afk not working sometimes...
It resets the timer when a skill is used or when the bot is navigating. Its not broken.
Sry that wasn't the impression i had regarding anti-afk. I thought minion had a function built-in to reset the timer automatically even if i'm not navigating/gathering/grinding, because well, of cases like mine where unspoiled nodes take 72 minutes to respawn and FF14's auto-kick happens after 30 minutes of inactivity.

<MMOMinion>: <Stefan> no, I think someone forgot to add back some functions in the recent changes
<MMOMinion>: <Stefan> you should never log out when the bot is attached
<MMOMinion>: <Stefan> we'll fix it asap
<MMOMinion>: <Stefan> thanks for reporting

side-note: i did find a work-around for this, by cloning another marker 5 yalms away and setting timers on both so minion navigates from time to time (although it cancelled mining mid-way and the node disappeared, will test further to see if this is viable) :EDIT: ok this failed terribly i'm still unable to get this to work
You could just make a simple script that uses a skill every 15-20 mins or so until we can add a checkbox to turn on the anti-afk permanently.