MMOMinion

Full Version: ranged fighting like melee
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi guys I am trying to lvl an archer but he keeps fighting like a melee fighter, too close, don't move out of the way of anything, and doesnt fire while moving. is the bot just this way or is there anything I need to change somewhere to fix this??... btw, great bot, got my fisher/miner/bot to 50 with it.. great stuff.
it should not be running up in to melee range it should start attacking from range but if the mob gets to you before it dies the bot will not move away.
(11-30-2013, 12:00 PM)Original-Jedi Wrote: [ -> ]Hi guys I am trying to lvl an archer but he keeps fighting like a melee fighter, too close, don't move out of the way of anything, and doesnt fire while moving. is the bot just this way or is there anything I need to change somewhere to fix this??... btw, great bot, got my fisher/miner/bot to 50 with it.. great stuff.

(11-30-2013, 12:46 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]it should not be running up in to melee range it should start attacking from range but if the mob gets to you before it dies the bot will not move away.

Combat improvement has not been implemented yet. Ranged classes/jobs will not kite enemies. Also, the bot cannot avoid any AOEs for now.
Well for me ranged class looks bottish by standing in a place with a ranged weapon..

You should do something like in gw 2.
My ranger goes in melee to start combat...

Is it safer to bot with a melee class?
(12-20-2013, 10:37 PM)s3rv0 Wrote: [ -> ]My ranger goes in melee to start combat...

Is it safer to bot with a melee class?

just ajust your combat range % under the grind tab.