MMOMinion

Full Version: Fixes needed for [FATES]
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I've been using minion a while, mainly for fates, and as such these comments pertain to fates only. So I feel that there are a few things that need to be fixed / added and it seems absurd that they haven't been implemented yet.

1. Kill non-fate mobs that are attacking you > fate mobs
Edit: function is basically broken, it needs to be polished /fixed
- perhaps only attacking non-fate mobs (that are attacking you) while your in fates?

2. Prioritize "boss" mobs in fates
- Many of the fates have "bosses" or single mobs that need to be killed,the bot decides that its better to kill the non- boss mobs which can kill you (for example the Cancer fate) then to attack the boss like everyone else, which looks out of the ordinary and is not useful.

3. Fix mounting issues in Group Grind
- I would love to join a fate group it would really increase exp gains, however for some reason mounting is still broken on some modes.

4. Have the bot be able to do gather fates
- Seems simple to implement to me, but is being neglected still, which is a shame because again it would really increase the amount of exp the bot could get.

5. Add teleporting functionality
- Could be added like the mounting feature, have a "use teleport" check box, and a teleport distance thing set up so the bot would teleport, this would be absolutely wonderful.

6. Fate Leader Management (Suggested by:Shaolin2)
-[BASIC] Function to promote a different person to lead if you are given leader.
-[Advanced] Give bot enough logic to spam "LFM fate group", and functionality of inviting players when they send a tell, and kicking them when they are inactive/ log out.

I'm actually curious as to what the development is focusing on ATM, because it doesn't seem like polishing the bot is high on the priority list, compared to adding features that arn't really core features. If all the features on this list were added im pretty sure fates would be "flawless" and extremely player like.

Just my 2 cents.
2,3,4,5 id say yes. 1 theres already a check box there for killing non fate mobs. My pisser is for instance when running to Dark Devices even without the box checked, the bot will stop and try and kill them and I end up dead. But i strongly agree through 2-5
I'm using "kill attacking non-fate enemies" and it still neglects them constantly, its like its not even on the bot still just refuses to attack them. It may target them while it runes to the next fate mob but never even tries to attack.
Hmmm... crazy because I dont even have it checked and it constantly does it anyway. lol.
add 6. for rnd FATE partys
- Leadmanagement
(give lead another Partymember or/and invite/kick logic)
(12-07-2013, 10:31 PM)azrael6766 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using minion a while, mainly for fates, and as such these comments pertain to fates only. So I feel that there are a few things that need to be fixed / added and it seems absurd that that haven't been implemented yet.

1. Kill non fate mobs that are attacking you > fate mobs
- I've watched the bot just sit there and die many times because it neglects these mobs and just decides taking the damage and healing repeatedly is a better strategy than simply killing these guys.
- perhaps only attacking non-fate mobs (that are attacking you) while your in fates?

- Many of the fates have "bosses" or single mobs that need to be killed,the bot decides that its better to kill the non- boss mobs which can kill you (for example the Cancer fate) then to attack the boss like everyone else, which looks out of the ordinary and is not useful.

3. fix mounting issues in group grind
- I would love to join a fate group it would really increase exp gains, however for some reason mounting is still broken on some modes.

- Seems simple to implement to me, but is being neglected still, which is a shame because again it would really increase the amount of exp the bot could get.

- Could be added like the mounting feature, have a "use teleport" check box, and a teleport distance thing set up so the bot would teleport, this would be absolutely wonderful.

6. Fate group management (Suggested by:Shaolin2)
-[BASIC] Function to promote a different person to lead if you are given leader.
-[Advanced] Give bot enough logic to spam "LFM fate group", and functionality of inviting players when they send a tell, and kicking them when they are inactive/ log out.

I'm actually curious as to what the development is focusing on atm, because it doesn't seem like polishing the bot is high on the priority list, compared to adding features that arn't really core features. If all the features on this list were added im pretty sure fates would be "flawless" and extremely player like.

Just my 2 cents.

1: there is an option in the fate box for this make sure you have do fates do fates only and kill non fate mobs all ticked
2: Can do this already with the mod specific mob hunter. You just add the content ID for all the different fate mobs and it will only attack them during fates.
3: They are working on it.
4: on the todo list already acknowledge that they are working on it.
5: is already in the API of the bot someone just needs to make a mod for it.
6: is not really need then what happens if more hten 1 person in hte party is a bot you start getting party leader being thrown all over the place. If all else fails bot solo you still get golds.
(12-07-2013, 11:09 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2013, 10:31 PM)azrael6766 Wrote: [ -> ]I've been using minion a while, mainly for fates, and as such these comments pertain to fates only. So I feel that there are a few things that need to be fixed / added and it seems absurd that that haven't been implemented yet.

1. Kill non fate mobs that are attacking you > fate mobs
- I've watched the bot just sit there and die many times because it neglects these mobs and just decides taking the damage and healing repeatedly is a better strategy than simply killing these guys.

3. fix mounting issues in group grind

6. Fate group management (Suggested by:Shaolin2)

I'm actually curious as to what the development is focusing on atm, because it doesn't seem like polishing the bot is high on the priority list, compared to adding features that arn't really core features. If all the features on this list were added im pretty sure fates would be "flawless" and extremely player like.

Just my 2 cents.

1: there is an option in the fate box for this make sure you have do fates do fates only and kill non fate mobs all ticked
2: Can do this already with the mod specific mob hunter. You just add the content ID for all the different fate mobs and it will only attack them during fates.
3: They are working on it.
4: on the todo list already acknowledge that they are working on it.
5: is already in the API of the bot someone just needs to make a mod for it.
6: is not really need then what happens if more hten 1 person in hte party is a bot you start getting party leader being thrown all over the place. If all else fails bot solo you still get golds.

1. it is definitely not working as intended.
2. I shouldn't need a mod to do something that is common sense and essential to some fates.(should be included right out of the box to make things simple for new users.
3. good lol
4. good aswell.
5. Someone shouldn't have to make a mod, (see #2.)
6. sort of agree, but at the same time, odds of you randomly promoting another bot to lead is like 1/8 chance, and its not that crazy for lead to get thrown around like that.
1. i'am not sure it is understood what that checkbox is doing and under what circumstances it should be used. But by saying "thats broken" you don't really help us. Maybe you could describe what you expect it to do and what it's doing instead.

2. may seem simply to you, but how do you identify a "boss" fate mob properly ? and when is it ok to attack that instead of adds ? We won't have special rules for every fate.

3. should be fixed soon

4. if it seems so simple to you, why don't you just do it ? In the end it doesn't really matter much if the bot does "turn in" fates or not. You loose some XP, thats all.

5. not really high priority, doesn't make much difference in terms of xp/hr.

6. lol, you want your bot to invite other players ? please just open a ticket at SE and report yourself for botting, thats alot easier.
hands on num 1 i have it unchecked and it spends a good portion of dark devices doing nothing but killing non fate mobs. As far as the mod specific hunting goes, I've had alot of trouble with the mod here and there, specifically for Cancer in costa del sol.
(12-08-2013, 01:36 AM)azrael6766 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-07-2013, 11:44 PM)HansW Wrote: [ -> ]1. i'am not sure it is understood what that checkbox is doing and under what circumstances it should be used. But by saying "thats broken" you don't really help us. Maybe you could describe what you expect it to do and what it's doing instead.

2. may seem simply to you, but how do you identify a "boss" fate mob properly ? and when is it ok to attack that instead of adds ? We won't have special rules for every fate.

3. should be fixed soon

4. if it seems so simple to you, why don't you just do it ? In the end it doesn't really matter much if the bot does "turn in" fates or not. You loose some XP, thats all.

5. not really high priority, doesn't make much difference in terms of xp/hr.

6. lol, you want your bot to invite other players ? please just open a ticket at SE and report yourself for botting, thats alot easier.

2. I didn't say it would be simple, but its needs to be done, and could be done. Whether or not you devs are motivated enough to do it, even if that would mean rules for individuals fates (sounds like that might take time to do), is another matter entirely.

4. why don't i do it? because I'm paying you to do it with my subscription to the bot. so your pretty much work for me (and everyone else who subscribes) Cutesmile

6. I want the bot to pass leader if its given lead while its in a group, but since mounting doesn't work while in group anyway i suppose the function would never get used. So your absolutely right its an awful idea, i mean who would want to bot in a fate group thats just stupid....

mo9unting works fine in party.... i fate grind in a party and do just fine. Party grind is not the main function of the bot. you use party grind if you are running multiple bots and playing 1 character this way the bots follow and assist what you are attacking on the playable character this always works best. For normal group play in fates just set the bot on grind mode.
Pages: 1 2