MMOMinion

Full Version: Regarding detecting Actions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it currently possible to detect the spells of a given entity?
I dug into target.action to try and see if I could get the action name and so forth with the end result being able to say "Boss is casting:"..x.."move".

The wiki indicates that I could use something like this for getting an action information for a specific actionid:
Code:
local action = ActionList:Get(tostring(target.action))
if ( action and action~=nil ) then
     d("ID:"..tostring(action.id).." Name:"..tostring(action.name).." CastTime:"..tostring(action.casttime))    
end

I guess this works only for players? It doesn't seem to yield any usable results with regards to enemies.
Tested it out in WP and basically every cast for one boss would show up as ID 131, another was always 107, with it changing when the actual cast had happened.
Double checked against the devmonitor and it shows the same actionid so I guess I at least have that part correct.

Is there any reliable way to pull the spell an enemy is currently casting or is this impossible?
Definitely would be nice to know if there's an AOE to avoid, or a certain interrupt you're supposed to be doing for a boss, etc.
I'll be looking forward to it.
(12-08-2013, 09:07 AM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]the actions are only for the player.
the thing you want is something we have to look into again, for now there is only the >>>> entity.currentaction <<<< an .lastaction afaik. but we will do this because we need to know what the enemy is casting in order to avoid the aoe...so this may happen very soon

this is the thing that i need in the skill editor, and it must be the first condition that is checked by the skill manager, is someone able to do this???
What fxfire was saying is that it isn't possible for now.