MMOMinion

Full Version: Gathering Bot runs fine for a bit then returns to marker POS
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hey guys i've just got this bot today and im usually pretty good about searching the forum to find a fix. But it does not seem anyone is having the same problem as me. I set up all the setting using the tutorials. They are great except they don't explain very well for someone... well they could be dumbed down a bit .. and i'm pretty decent with directions. Kind of like ... Teach me like im 5 lol. Anyway i used all that set it up it works fine through about 4-5 cycles through the 4 nodes. Then it returns to the Marker i set and just stands there. Please let me know what info i need to provide to get some help with this as i ZERO experience with programming and have no clue what you need to know to diagnose.
What mesh are you using? 4 nodes are visible, but there are usually more than that in the node cluster. From personal experience, if a node is not meshed, the bot will just stand there, or at least that's what happened previously.
Im not really sure what meshed is other than when you place the marker all the nodes are in range of it? I runs fine for about 5 cycles, then returns to the position of the marker. i know ive pretty much said all that, could you explain what meshed means? is that where you show the mesh and the nodes are "in" the mesh? For now the fix i have found that if i re-select central thanalan in the meshmanager it restarts but only for about 4-5 more cycles.
make sure all the nodes are on the mesh triangles
Is there any reason that you aren't using one of latty's 100% meshes and just setting up your markers on it? Meshing is particularly tricky with the new system and you really don't need to mesh on your own, if you just set up markers on the official meshes that latty updates and then use his markers (add your own items in the GatherManager) then it's easier for us to diagnose problems since we can test the same setup.

It's very likely that what's happening is that your mesh only covers part of the areas where the nodes spawn, so some of them are spawning off your mesh and after that happens a few times the bot can no longer find a new node on the mesh to gather so it sits and waits. The tutorials are indeed outdated but we're in the middle of a big overhaul of the marker system so that's why they haven't been updated...when we push the new system out within the next week or two it will have a newly written tutorial as well.
Wow so awesome to be on a board where people actually respond when you have a prob. No i have no clue what Latty's things are ... but im am going to try to find them ... in the meantime if someone would post a link that'd be awesome. I assume Latty is username? Thanks for the responses guys!

Found it! No need to post link was pretty easy lol
(12-08-2013, 11:36 PM)f3re Wrote: [ -> ]Is there any reason that you aren't using one of latty's 100% meshes and just setting up your markers on it? Meshing is particularly tricky with the new system and you really don't need to mesh on your own, if you just set up markers on the official meshes that latty updates and then use his markers (add your own items in the GatherManager) then it's easier for us to diagnose problems since we can test the same setup.

It's very likely that what's happening is that your mesh only covers part of the areas where the nodes spawn, so some of them are spawning off your mesh and after that happens a few times the bot can no longer find a new node on the mesh to gather so it sits and waits. The tutorials are indeed outdated but we're in the middle of a big overhaul of the marker system so that's why they haven't been updated...when we push the new system out within the next week or two it will have a newly written tutorial as well.

Did this and it's working PERFECTLY!!!! Thank you so much!! Expect
Thank latty, he took the time to make all the great meshes. There are still some confusing gather marker issues with the min-max level range that can cause the bot to appear not to be gathering the item you specified, so if you bump into anything else feel free to let us know. We should be rolling out an update with a much more intuitive marker system in the near future.