MMOMinion

Full Version: Character combat range problem
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
(grind mode)

Why does my character (summoner) go into closer range than I have set it up? My min and max range setting for all the skills is 0-24 but it looks like the character goes into 16-18 range and the proceeds with killings mobs. Sometimes it does the skill from full range and you can really see the difference range. There is no rocks or trees between the character and his targets.
Same for the archer, the character just doesn't use his max range for skills and wastes time by coming closer than needed :-(
This is by design. Originally we had the bots moving to just the edge of the combat range, but it leads to lots of wasted time and interrupted casts when the mob moves slightly out of combat range. It may appear to be "wasted time" but it actually saves time and gives extra exp (especially in fates), particularly for classes with non instant-cast skills.
I only run Specific Hunting 1.96 ( http://mmominion.com/Thread-Module-Speci...-Companion ) along side it. I'll try to disable it and see if the range changes.
(12-09-2013, 05:52 PM)Koopla Wrote: [ -> ]I only run Specific Hunting 1.96 ( http://mmominion.com/Thread-Module-Speci...-Companion ) along side it. I'll try to disable it and see if the range changes.

Looks like we posted at the same time...make sure to check my response above. It's not your module, its intended behavior.
Same without any mods.

(12-09-2013, 05:52 PM)f3re Wrote: [ -> ]This is by design. Originally we had the bots moving to just the edge of the combat range, but it leads to lots of wasted time and interrupted casts when the mob moves slightly out of combat range. It may appear to be "wasted time" but it actually saves time and gives extra exp (especially in fates), particularly for classes with non instant-cast skills.

This makes sense if you only lower the max range by 1-2y (say melee from 3 to 2 and ranged from 25 to 23), and yes this was annoying back in the day with melees when mobs moved right before you wanted to attack, but my guess the ranged characters go in as close as 16-18y range and that's too damn much. Best compromise I think would be to if you could please tell me where exactly is that number stored in the settings so I can change it myself to whatever works best for me Expect

Another interesting thing I found out. If I stop the bot, I pre-mark a mob then go to max distance where my skills are still usable, un-select the mob, start Grind bot - it starts attacking the mob at max possible range without moving in.
You're in luck...I was editing code anyway so I took pity on you and added a setting to the GUI. Under the grind settings you should see a new entry "Combat Range %:". Set this value to between 1-100; note that it still only affects ranged classes, melee has to be more strict. Check it out and let me know if it works properly for you.
Thanks a lot I'll try it later tonight and report back. Melee combat is great (apart from the stopping in mob bug) just needed a farther ranged character initiation, thanks for your time!
I still haven't had the time to try it out, but thanks for adding it to the minion menu itself I'm sure it works great. Thanks again!
it works great i love it!
Pages: 1 2