MMOMinion

Full Version: Client Crash upon Login to Minion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
So, I just got this a little bit ago and have been unable to use it.
I followed the guide, triple checked to make sure I followed it exactly. I've tried about a dozen times to get it to work, with and without "Run as Administrator" checked, both at character select and on two different characters on a single N/A server. I've deleted FFXIVMinion.dat and the .cfg file, but the problem persists.
Each time, I receive this error (copied directly from event viewer):
I am running MSE.
Microsoft DirectX End-User Runtime , Microsoft Visual c++ 2010 redist and Microsoft .NET Framework 4 were already installed and up to date.
I don't run anything you mentioned, nor anything that I can think of that is similar.
I don't have time to hop on right now, as I'm about to head out. Where can I find the IRC info?
fire, there any reason for us having to delete our cfg and dat files consistantly? like what am i doing to cause it ot cause problems?

or after repeated deletions of that said dat and cfg file i still have issues with 1 keycode/bot that i cnat get it loaded up on at all.
I was having this issue when I started experimenting with Minion just yesterday. For Windows Defender (Microsoft Security Essentials), I do believe the real-time protection blocks the program injection (contrary to what the tutorial states), so you have two choices:
Go to Defender/MSE and go to the last tab "Settings".
1) Here, either disable real-time protection (easier, not my personal recommendation), or,
2) Set both FFIV.exe and minon's launcher program under "Excluded files and locations" and "Excluded processes". To do this, click into those two areas and click "Browse", locate FFIV.exe from your FF install directory and click "Ok". Do this again for the minion executable. Then click "Add" and finally click "Save Changes".

I list them in this order because if you disable real-time protection and minion DOES work, that strongly implies that your issue is related to Defender/MSE. In which case, you can re-enable Defender/MSE and try step 2) instead and see if that works. The obvious benefit of this is that you are not completely disabling your security in order to get minion to work.

Hope this helps.
I rebooted my machine and running the bot from my F drive seems to have fixed it.
Thanks for the help, I feel kinda stupid for not trying that before.
I get to keep all of my processes running, now! :P

I spoke too soon, it's crashing when I start the bot while in-game and it crashes if I login from character select while the loading screen is up.

I killed all non-essential processes one by one and tried it, same problem. Crashes after a few seconds on the loading screen. I haven't got a clue as to what to do next.

Working after redownloading Minion. Will check if it was a lua Module I had downloaded from the forums later on.
Pages: 1 2