MMOMinion

Full Version: FFXIV Patch 2.1 - DONE
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19
as long as i can make meshes i'm good :D
(12-16-2013, 09:48 PM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]We are working on it Pig

Update 2333GMT: The patch is substantial and will require longer than normal to update. There is no ETA currently but it is unlikely that the bot will be operational when the server maintenance is complete. We will keep you updated as progress continues.

FX ppl are beginning to comment on DLL hook tracking can you confirm if SE implemented a WARDEN type system with this update?
(12-17-2013, 12:29 AM)R3P0 Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-16-2013, 09:48 PM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]We are working on it Pig

Update 2333GMT: The patch is substantial and will require longer than normal to update. There is no ETA currently but it is unlikely that the bot will be operational when the server maintenance is complete. We will keep you updated as progress continues.

FX ppl are beginning to comment on DLL hook tracking can you confirm if SE implemented a WARDEN type system with this update?

The servers are not live yet, so I would be very skeptical of anybody claiming to have knowledge of any new protection systems at this point. SquareEnix has no history of attempting any in-process detection with FFXI or FFXIV 1.0. Simple hook detection is not something you need to worry about for minion, if they did happen to implement something like this it would be to your benefit as it would kill some of the other bots that don't have the sophistication minion does.

Edit: Saw the information you're referring to. He's pointing out the regular troubleshooting system information that has always been available and calling it "DLL Hook Tracking". This is just an easy way that games provide to collect all the valid system information in one place so that you can copy/paste it if you need support for technical issues. It's nothing but a running process list, it has nothing to do with hook tracking and there's no indication that it's being sent anywhere. I would have thought the fact that that link was posted 17 hours ago (before the servers even went down for the update) would indicate that the poster might not be a credible source of information :)
I <3 F3re
Normally it would be F3re, but it never hurts to verify
(12-17-2013, 01:22 AM)R3P0 Wrote: [ -> ]Normally it would be F3re, but it never hurts to verify

Hook detection is a valid concern as its not terribly difficult to implement for commonly hooked functions, but powder does our hooks and his mama didn't raise no fool. Definitely continue to let us know if you see game security information elsewhere so we can check it out.
(12-17-2013, 01:55 AM)f3re Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-17-2013, 01:22 AM)R3P0 Wrote: [ -> ]Normally it would be F3re, but it never hurts to verify

Hook detection is a valid concern as its not terribly difficult to implement for commonly hooked functions, but powder does our hooks and his mama didn't raise no fool. Definitely continue to let us know if you see game security information elsewhere so we can check it out.

If I'm correct wouldn't SE have to update the TOS before they begin monitoring our PCs for this type of bot? I have never seen any TOS updates stating they have the right to monitor the processes or memory on our PC's which is what i believe they would need to do in order to implement these things.
Just curious, but will meshes have to be redone?
(12-17-2013, 03:06 AM)warpuras Wrote: [ -> ]Just curious, but will meshes have to be redone?

Nope
im scared....
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19