MMOMinion

Full Version: Patch 2.1
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I found this at another forums:

"Hey all,

As of the deployment of Patch 2.1 on Live FF XIV system process tracking and DLL hook tracking has now been implemented by SE at the Launcher Level of the game (you can see this just by hitting config and viewing your system information then scrolling to the bottom)

Obviously, this is their attempt at deploying a Warden-Like system in order to catch people using 3rd Party Programs

Just wanted the info to be out there that SE has implemented this."

Any comments from mmominion Devs? This will affect us?
I'm sure they'll make a workaround :)
lol.

Every game collects system information at runtime, it's what gets sent if you choose to send data when your game crashes. How somebody has taken this and equated it with "Hook DLL tracking" is beyond me. Also, when the bot is back up and running, check your process list and see if you see "FFXIVMinion.exe" running anywhere.

tldr: don't believe everything you read on the internet...some people are dumb
Every game has something like this. When it asks you "Do you wish to send bug report data to so-and-so" what do you think its doing? It's when it does this on its own and sends data without you knowing that's a different story.
So will the bot need an update when the servers come up?
(12-17-2013, 01:12 AM)Tompost Wrote: [ -> ]So will the bot need an update when the servers come up?

If you mean the regular bot update then yes, and it will be a big one. See the front page for progress updates. If you mean an update for security then no, this isn't a real issue just some technical confusion I think.
WoW thanks for the reply on this, i'm glad we don't have to worry about this :P
(12-17-2013, 07:12 AM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]even if so, we have a pretty good "security" build in ...not like the other buttonpresserbots, they go down first ;)

But those buttonpresserbots doesn't need to hook to any dll's. But yea, it's good to know we are safe :P
Don't forget the time and money they must invest to implement this kind of detection..
We all know SE needs this game to be successful to stay a healthy company, so why spend money they can't lose, to lose "Paying, playing customers" (us the botters, yeah we do pay and yeah we have just more then 1 account that we pay for, so it's money for them 2!).
They might do so implement a well coded detection service when they have a steady player base and they are having loads of complaints on the forums and losing those players by the masses.
If we look at Anet, even tho they had loads of complaints, they still do not have a "scanner" aka memory&processes reading, it cost them to must $$$ ...

So i see noworries as of now.. maybe in the future.. (Blizzard also had almost 2 years of running before Warden came to live)

Just my 2 cents
Pages: 1 2