MMOMinion

Full Version: Can you equip items?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hello All,

I am interested in making a starter LUA project just to learn various parts of the api.
I want to make a simple addon that reads the IDs of nearby mobs from the radar and will change your class if one of them is in another class's hunting log.
Right now I am not worried about how useful this will be, I am mostly just trying to do it to learn. But I dont see how you equip items or change item sets with the API.
dont need to do that you can see about just activating equipment sets.
There is no way (currently) that you'd be able to query the API to know if it was part of another class's hunting log, or even your current class for that matter. That being said, I don't think there is a way to activate equipment sets either as far as I can tell, so this is probably a bust for a starter project.
When I opened this I was thinking something more along the lines of Honorbuddies AutoEquip addon which replaces equipment automatically if you do a quest that awards a better piece that what is currently equipped or a piece drops that is better. You can set parameters such as Item rarity, item level range, stat focus or let it decide on its own.

I assume this is impossible at this point as well.
(01-16-2014, 04:56 PM)klepp0906 Wrote: [ -> ]When I opened this I was thinking something more along the lines of Honorbuddies AutoEquip addon which replaces equipment automatically if you do a quest that awards a better piece that what is currently equipped or a piece drops that is better. You can set parameters such as Item rarity, item level range, stat focus or let it decide on its own.

I assume this is impossible at this point as well.
While lvling gear really isn't that important and u don't loot armor from mobs. Since the bot doesn't do quests u really would need upgrade equip type mod. However spirit binding switching gear would be useful.
There is nothing in the API for equipping items, only using them, unless it's just not in the wiki yet.