MMOMinion

Full Version: Noob questions about "Crafting" and "Botting Crafting"
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Note: You can PM me the answers if you don't wish to share your "secrets" with the public (An assumption, since no general crafting guide exists on this forum)

Pardon me, I'm still a noob at "crafting" and "botting crafting". Since there's no guide

Here are some questions
1) Is "Quick Synthesis" better than "Synthesis" for powerleveling?
- Quick Synthesis seems to give me more exp per time but costs more mats/gil than Synthesis.
- Doesn't using "Quick Synthesis" defeat the purpose of "botting crafting"?

2) Does anyone find it a chore that you have to spend like 5min to 15min to rewrite your Crafting SkillManager Profile when your Job/Level/Stat/Gear/Recipe changes?
- Durability, Difficulty and Stats are problematic each time they change
- Stats improvement can change a 3-step craft into 2-step craft, which ruins your HQ loop.

3) Do you bother to write a Crafting SkillManager Profile that does 10+ steps when leveling a crafting job?

4) So for the case of powerleveling, just write a Profile that will guarantee a 90% success rate to produce Normal quality end products?
1. i doubt quicksynth gives more xp, the more skills you use per synth the more xp you get, that cant be matched by the higher speed of quicksynth. not to talk about the xp/mat relation

2.you level doing dur 40 items, i need some slight adjustments every 10 levels, thats doesnt bother me. if dont care if it doesn't get optimal xp.

3. no, not worth the time i would need to manualy finetune those through leveling up and new gear.

4. i only use 100% profiles

i think it helps if you just buy HQ gear every 5 to 10 levels. i kept mine so i just reuse it for all crafting jobs.

the first things you should level is culinarian to 15 to get hasty touch and weaver for Careful Synthesis and Careful Synthesis II. That will make it easy to get 100% profiles working.

if you can afford it, you can just do leves from level 45-50 buying HQ items from the market and turning them in.
1. Facts first:
- Quick Synth actually give you 50% exp of base exp gain [regardless of any bonus you have, rested, GC Scrolls, food, etc]. I tested this part a bit before 2.1. Not sure if they changed it after that.
- Quick Synth has 10% chance to fail regardless of your class level or equips. Basically, even if you have a lv 50 weaver, trying to quick synth 99 undyed cotton clothes, you will probably get around 95.
- Quick Synth also use the same amount of materials compared to normal Synth.
- The only up side of Quick Synth is it takes less time to make something compared to Normal synth.
- With the right skill profiles, you could actually make Crafting mode to work similarly like Quick Synth. Careful Synthesis, Careful Synthesis II and Flawless Synthesis (perfect for low level class).

Basically, the idea of using Quick Synth to power level is bad. Its better to use leves in order to power level. It took me 3 days to power level my Goldsmith from 31 to 50 (took some time to actually gather materials for it). I burnt around 50-60 leves though. If you want more info on this, please do ask.

2. The main reason why skill manager is customizable. If they made it 'hard-coded' we would have an even harder time to customize it to our specific needs and conditions (stats and what not). Note that some people have certain cross-class skills while others doesn't

3. Nope. As i found out, every crafting class has their own skillID for certain skills. Both skills may have the same name, but different skill id makes it to be slightly broken. And as noted on 2. different needs and different conditions may lead to different crafting profiles.

4. If you have some money, buy HQ end-product and turn it to leves. I also have this when the price isn't so far off my leve reward.
E.g
Item cost = 1.5k
Turn in gives = 450 * 2 (HQ gives both double exp and gil).
i lost 600, but i don't waste time and money for the mats, thus assuming 600 = mats it is well worth the investment.

If you don't, then power level by numbers. farm massive amount of materials, then craft massive amount of end product. send to the repeatable leves, you get slightly lower exp from HQ turn in of non-repeatable leves.