MMOMinion

Full Version: Botanist skill editor not register gather attempts left properly
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
ive tried numbers 0-5 on a 4 swing bush/tree and anything between 3-1 will just cast it as soon as i start mining the node gp > and gp < are both set to 0
you need to set a buff id too. so say you want to use a ward to double the amount of shards you get. but you only want to use that ward at the start of the mining attempts. So you put the buff id in the "player has not" field and then you put gathering attempts 3. this way the bot will only use the buff if you do not have the buff already and if there are 3 or more gathering attempts left.
(01-03-2014, 07:03 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]you need to set a buff id too. so say you want to use a ward to double the amount of shards you get. but you only want to use that ward at the start of the mining attempts. So you put the buff id in the "player has not" field and then you put gathering attempts 3. this way the bot will only use the buff if you do not have the buff already and if there are 3 or more gathering attempts left.

how come it doesnt work for the low level areas like im talking i have no gp for the amount needed to pull of what you are saying
what do you mean low level area? its a skill manager has nothing to do with the level node you are farming. Right you dont get to use skills on every node only when you ahve GP. you set up the skills as the example above if it has teh GP to use it then it uses it if not it wont use the skill untill it meets all the requirements. you are not explaining your problem well enough and you probably are not setting up your skill manager correctly. lets get more detail post a screen shot of your skill manager tell me what you are trying to farm and tell me what you want the skill to do.

the number of swings is an option to use a skill if there are that many swings left. So if you put a 1 in there it will use the skill any time there is 1 OR more swings left. if you put a 5 it will only use the skill when there are 5 OR more swings left.
(01-03-2014, 07:09 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]what do you mean low level area? its a skill manager has nothing to do with the level node you are farming. Right you dont get to use skills on every node only when you ahve GP. you set up the skills as the example above if it has teh GP to use it then it uses it if not it wont use the skill untill it meets all the requirements. you are not explaining your problem well enough and you probably are not setting up your skill manager correctly. lets get more detail post a screen shot of your skill manager tell me what you are trying to farm and tell me what you want the skill to do.

the number of swings is an option to use a skill if there are that many swings left. So if you put a 1 in there it will use the skill any time there is 1 OR more swings left. if you put a 5 it will only use the skill when there are 5 OR more swings left.

im presuming youve used gathering. im using an abiliy that gives you attempts back but the issue is that in skill manager the gather attempts will not register so 1-3 = on node start and 0 and 5+ wont do anything at all.. im on windows 8.1 x64 if that could be the issue im nonly getting bugs
its not a bug. in the skill editor gathering attempts means you want to use this skill with ATLEAST this amount of attempts. you dont get 5 attempts so ofc it wont do anything and 0 attempts ofc it wont do anything. If you set the skill with attempts =1 that means it will use the skill with 1,2,3 or 4 attempts on the node. GIVE information what skill are you trying to set up what are you trying to gathering. there is no skill that gives attempts back.

if you are talking about solid reason/or ageless words. You would set the skill to use it with 3 gathering attempts and put the GP at 300. This will use it at the start of the node and if the node had 3 attempts it will give you 4.
(01-03-2014, 09:07 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]its not a bug. in the skill editor gathering attempts means you want to use this skill with ATLEAST this amount of attempts. you dont get 5 attempts so ofc it wont do anything and 0 attempts ofc it wont do anything. If you set the skill with attempts =1 that means it will use the skill with 1,2,3 or 4 attempts on the node. GIVE information what skill are you trying to set up what are you trying to gathering. there is no skill that gives attempts back.

if you are talking about solid reason/or ageless words. You would set the skill to use it with 3 gathering attempts and put the GP at 300. This will use it at the start of the node and if the node had 3 attempts it will give you 4.
you have to read what i said because i do all of that
(01-04-2014, 10:39 PM)eewf Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-03-2014, 09:07 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]its not a bug. in the skill editor gathering attempts means you want to use this skill with ATLEAST this amount of attempts. you dont get 5 attempts so ofc it wont do anything and 0 attempts ofc it wont do anything. If you set the skill with attempts =1 that means it will use the skill with 1,2,3 or 4 attempts on the node. GIVE information what skill are you trying to set up what are you trying to gathering. there is no skill that gives attempts back.

you have the buff ID wrong... you put teh skill ID in the BUFF id spot they are not the same number. hense why i asked FOR pictures of your set up.
(01-05-2014, 12:20 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2014, 10:39 PM)eewf Wrote: [ -> ]

you have the buff ID wrong... you put teh skill ID in the BUFF id spot they are not the same number. hense why i asked FOR pictures of your set up.

im sure youve read me respond to this by now.
like i said i was messign with every variation of the settings even looked in the lua its not recognizing the conditions in te lua profiles for my skill conditions
http://mmominion.com/Thread-BOTANIST-lea...2#pid47502
i will close this, i think you should be fine with one thread about gathering.