MMOMinion

Full Version: Few questions from new user (LONG)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Hey guys, long-time honorbuddy user. Fairly tech savvy, however I foolishly dove into hardware as an enthusiast and a teen and as I grew older, I realized that is the last place $$ is at. What im saying is I wish I would have used my time/resources for learning the ins and outs of networking or programming, alas hindsight they say.

So after some time with honorbuddy, I am what I would consider a pro, albeit with one of what I assume is the most user friendly bot available. (relative to feature set)

That said, wow sucks/blizzard destroyed the genre, and while ffxiv took quite a bit from wow (in a ploy for the casual marketshare no doubt) it is a bit different, and in the end the fact it is NOT wow is enough for me settle in here for the long run.

After some quick research I learned a few things, first that the honor crew likely wasn't going to have a bot out for ffxiv and if they do it wont be soon. Second is that the only "real" options for an all encompassing bot are Minion and Viper. Minion was more expensive, but I saw a lot of "you get what you pay for" and so I figured I would cash my chips at your table.

Now that Ive nearly lost your attention with my intro - on to my questions!

1) will Minion support full screen at some point (ideally soon?) I run a very high end rig and fact of the matter is, with SLI not working in anything but full screen I either get an abysmal framerate (4680x2560) and get to use minion, or a stellar framerate (90 on maximum @ the aforementioned) but no minion. I'd really like to "not" have to choose here!

2) does minion offer a lifetime key option?

3) does minion have a teleport to target hack or speed hack incorporated? If not does anyone know of any free ones that work side by side and post 2.1?

3) this one is a multi-part/long sort of essay question if you will :P As I mentioned I came from honorbuddy so I am familiar with the non technical in's and outs of botting. Some of the terminology/how they work etc. The problem is, Honorbuddy after all its time in the field and the talent of their programmers has become very streamlined. I'll save you the breakdown under the assumption a good chunk of you have used it. With Minion I have only spent a few hours, but what I was hoping for was something atleast somewhat similar to honorbuddy. Basically GUI configureable combat routines for the classes, downloadable addon bots for things that didn't come "with" minion, and last but not least downloadable profiles for xxx level range or xxx farm. With HB these things were all dropped in a folder, popped up in the gui and off you went. Are their any correlation between the two or should I forget everything I know about honorbuddy and start learning this from scratch? At first glance it seems MUCH more complicated :(

4) Does minion use SVN at all?

5) can anyone provide a resource for some good starter material? I did a once over of the setup tutorial for FFXIV but from what I gather, its actually going to take quite a bit of set up to run optimally? Is this something I should wait till I hit 50 for and then use to farm? It seems to me that if I wanted to use this to level efficiently or effectively I would spend more time setting it up as I moved from area to area. Between recreating my waypoints/route and reconfiguring for new spells and paths it almost seems better spent leveling by hand. Do I have the wrong idea?

I have no problem with learning the ropes, I just want to make sure I have the right idea before I invest the time. At this point I have friends waiting for me to start playing as they are getting further and further ahead of me and im having a slight bit of buyers remorse. They say minion is the top dog (generally) but to me it seems rough around the edges. (no offense, my outlook will likely change after learning it assuming it can be made to do what I need it to with a reasonable amount of effort/setup time)

Sorry for the book, I just wanted to be thorough. I know how much time you guys put into your site/business/bots so don't take anything I said offensively, it wasn't my intent.

Thanks guys!
Kevin
1. after launching, minion options/settings/start/stop/etc is done inside the client. not sure how minion would effect SLI or your GPU though.

2. Yes it support both teleport and speed, but the usage are not recommended if you have long term plans for the account. Not sure about the second question, pretty sure there are no free solution for this.

3. Thats actually expected. HB has been around in their business for years (possibly 2 years since WoW came out). Minion is like a few months age. I'd say forget everything about HB, because i also did setup HB for my sister (she prefer WoW than FFXIV). Its fundamentally different. Most files in HB uses xml, while minion uses LUA files. The syntax are different.

4. No. But latty's 100% meshes does. If you want to make your gathering life easier, you might want to have it ready.

5. Well, from what i understand, most people in here uses Fate grind. this link . I personally haven't tried it yet. ;)
(01-04-2014, 10:14 PM)darkraito Wrote: [ -> ]1. after launching, minion options/settings/start/stop/etc is done inside the client. not sure how minion would effect SLI or your GPU though. Any plans for Fullscreen support? It effects my gpu because SLI doesn't work in windowed mode and minion requires windowed at this point.

2. Yes it support both teleport and speed, but the usage are not recommended if you have long term plans for the account. Not sure about the second question, pretty sure there are no free solution for this. Ok, I looked albeit briefly. I did find the radar obviously, and one speed hack but it was just permasprint. Is this what you were talking about as I was looking for something faster. (yes im aware its uber dangerous, only to be used if im alone) Their is a teleport to target too eh? Is it hotkeyable? As for a free option, their used to be when FFXIV had just launched but they died when offsets changed and no support due to those same people having paid options now. I don't need it if its incorporated into minion anyhow :)

3. Thats actually expected. HB has been around in their business for years (possibly 2 years since WoW came out). Minion is like a few months age. I'd say forget everything about HB, because i also did setup HB for my sister (she prefer WoW than FFXIV). Its fundamentally different. Most files in HB uses xml, while minion uses LUA files. The syntax are different. Ah well, if I can make the same things happen with Minion, I don't mind relearning. The issue I have is the amount of effort HB required to setup was satisfactory as it was done once heavily at first, and then apart from tweaks here or there, you were able to freely use it which made it worthwhile. If I spend more time maintining the bot than I do running it, it becomes un worth it. However the time in development is certainly a valid point, one I haven't looked past. I would like to think, in time this will improve to the same quality, however minion handles bots for a handful of games. Is this really possible or just being hopeful/unrealistic?

4. No. But latty's 100% meshes does. If you want to make your gathering life easier, you might want to have it ready. Im going to assume based on the context of what your saying, latty is the creator and the meshes are a catch-all word which is equivalent to what a "profile" for HonorBuddy is? I know meshes on a literal level have to do with how these bots navigate so I'm going to assume its the navigation portion of a profile? Separate from say... the command portion or what is essentially Honorbuddys "combat routine" which is the file that houses your combat rotation and class skills etc. Does Minion have something like these as well? If so is their a thread which gives me some info on where to place these files? Also, call me lazy but is their a resource to download "meshes" and whatever else I need to get the bot running? I have to use quite a bit of time for set up so I'd like to use it for awhile before I spend a plethora of time creating a "profile/waypoints" etc. Also is their anything that allows you to control your character, however upon targeting a mob it will execute your rotation for you? How about class skills, do these have to be mapped to specific hotkey's and then identified or does the bot handle this automatically? ie: do I have to re arrange my hotbar?

5. Well, from what i understand, most people in here uses Fate grind. this link . I personally haven't tried it yet. ;) LOL well I certainly appreciate your post/replies! Thank you for taking the time to do so. I have had a rollercoaster of issues building my new PC and am just now getting to start playing. I'm a few months behind everyone and I am hoping to use this to close some of the gap. It appears my expectations were a bit high. Hopefully it will improve consistently with time. If I were to look at say, a minion bot for something like ffxi which has been out for like a decade, would I see a dramatic difference then?

Finally, BUMP! Hoping someone can add to this as well as speak to the end of full-screen support :P
1. this is probably something i can't answer

2. to ease the usage of teleport to specific coordinate that you want: http://mmominion.com/Thread-Module-Telep...19-12-2013
Not sure about the speed hack. I am sure there is an option to 'adjust' the speed, but.. i am not sure where..

3. its possibly going to be more user-friendly in the future. Most software development should follow this path. Making it more complex and hard is simply making more subscribers run away, thus loosing profit. xD

5. Yes, yes and no. Well, meshes is basically the 'map'. it saves the landscape of the map itself, as well as 'point of interest'. Sadly, Latty only added Botany/Mining/Fishing nodes. I'd hope he had added 'towns' or 'dungeon entrance' navigation point as well. Minion itself will calculate the 'paths' that it should use (using certain modes). The profiles in minion is basically the 'Routines'. you can customized this yourself. Jackie did provide a good set of skill profiles to be used. I am not sure of how HB actually set Routines (the default Singular is good enough for me), thus i can't really relate the two. refer: http://mmominion.com/Thread-Tutorial-Ski...ill-Editor though its slightly outdated, most of the content are still relevant.

5a. also, minion doesn't have Lazy Raider. The closest one that resemble Lazy Raider is probably Party-Grind, but for that to work, you would need the meshes of the dungeon. someone did made the meshes of the dungeons. ;)

6. i hope so too :D
(01-05-2014, 12:15 AM)klepp0906 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-04-2014, 10:14 PM)darkraito Wrote: [ -> ]1. after launching, minion options/settings/start/stop/etc is done inside the client. not sure how minion would effect SLI or your GPU though. Any plans for Fullscreen support? It effects my gpu because SLI doesn't work in windowed mode and minion requires windowed at this point.

2. Yes it support both teleport and speed, but the usage are not recommended if you have long term plans for the account. Not sure about the second question, pretty sure there are no free solution for this. Ok, I looked albeit briefly. I did find the radar obviously, and one speed hack but it was just permasprint. Is this what you were talking about as I was looking for something faster. (yes im aware its uber dangerous, only to be used if im alone) Their is a teleport to target too eh? Is it hotkeyable? As for a free option, their used to be when FFXIV had just launched but they died when offsets changed and no support due to those same people having paid options now. I don't need it if its incorporated into minion anyhow :)

3. Thats actually expected. HB has been around in their business for years (possibly 2 years since WoW came out). Minion is like a few months age. I'd say forget everything about HB, because i also did setup HB for my sister (she prefer WoW than FFXIV). Its fundamentally different. Most files in HB uses xml, while minion uses LUA files. The syntax are different. Ah well, if I can make the same things happen with Minion, I don't mind relearning. The issue I have is the amount of effort HB required to setup was satisfactory as it was done once heavily at first, and then apart from tweaks here or there, you were able to freely use it which made it worthwhile. If I spend more time maintining the bot than I do running it, it becomes un worth it. However the time in development is certainly a valid point, one I haven't looked past. I would like to think, in time this will improve to the same quality, however minion handles bots for a handful of games. Is this really possible or just being hopeful/unrealistic?

4. No. But latty's 100% meshes does. If you want to make your gathering life easier, you might want to have it ready. Im going to assume based on the context of what your saying, latty is the creator and the meshes are a catch-all word which is equivalent to what a "profile" for HonorBuddy is? I know meshes on a literal level have to do with how these bots navigate so I'm going to assume its the navigation portion of a profile? Separate from say... the command portion or what is essentially Honorbuddys "combat routine" which is the file that houses your combat rotation and class skills etc. Does Minion have something like these as well? If so is their a thread which gives me some info on where to place these files? Also, call me lazy but is their a resource to download "meshes" and whatever else I need to get the bot running? I have to use quite a bit of time for set up so I'd like to use it for awhile before I spend a plethora of time creating a "profile/waypoints" etc. Also is their anything that allows you to control your character, however upon targeting a mob it will execute your rotation for you? How about class skills, do these have to be mapped to specific hotkey's and then identified or does the bot handle this automatically? ie: do I have to re arrange my hotbar?

5. Well, from what i understand, most people in here uses Fate grind. this link . I personally haven't tried it yet. ;) LOL well I certainly appreciate your post/replies! Thank you for taking the time to do so. I have had a rollercoaster of issues building my new PC and am just now getting to start playing. I'm a few months behind everyone and I am hoping to use this to close some of the gap. It appears my expectations were a bit high. Hopefully it will improve consistently with time. If I were to look at say, a minion bot for something like ffxi which has been out for like a decade, would I see a dramatic difference then?

Finally, BUMP! Hoping someone can add to this as well as speak to the end of full-screen support :P

on the full screen support i also run a "SLI" set up but with ATI "Cross fire" What i do is split the load. Instead of running cross fire i plug each one of my monitors in to a different card. So that i can launch a game client on different monitors so that 1 card is not trying to handle the load. Also you get better performance this way then if i used crossfire. SLI and Crossfire isnt a true 1:1 on the VRam. i have 2 3gig cards in cross fire its not really 6gigs its closer to 4 or 5. But splitting the load i get to use the full 6 gigs 3 on each card if i needed to. This set up has let me run up to 15 bots using disable rendering and 8 bots not using disable rendering. Hope this helps.
(01-05-2014, 01:07 AM)darkraito Wrote: [ -> ]1. this is probably something i can't answer

2. to ease the usage of teleport to specific coordinate that you want: http://mmominion.com/Thread-Module-Telep...19-12-2013
Not sure about the speed hack. I am sure there is an option to 'adjust' the speed, but.. i am not sure where..

3. its possibly going to be more user-friendly in the future. Most software development should follow this path. Making it more complex and hard is simply making more subscribers run away, thus loosing profit. xD

5. Yes, yes and no. Well, meshes is basically the 'map'. it saves the landscape of the map itself, as well as 'point of interest'. Sadly, Latty only added Botany/Mining/Fishing nodes. I'd hope he had added 'towns' or 'dungeon entrance' navigation point as well. Minion itself will calculate the 'paths' that it should use (using certain modes). The profiles in minion is basically the 'Routines'. you can customized this yourself. Jackie did provide a good set of skill profiles to be used. I am not sure of how HB actually set Routines (the default Singular is good enough for me), thus i can't really relate the two. refer: http://mmominion.com/Thread-Tutorial-Ski...ill-Editor though its slightly outdated, most of the content are still relevant.

5a. also, minion doesn't have Lazy Raider. The closest one that resemble Lazy Raider is probably Party-Grind, but for that to work, you would need the meshes of the dungeon. someone did made the meshes of the dungeons. ;)

6. i hope so too :D

Hi again! thank you for your replies, as usual! I am actually at my pc with it loaded so I am going to give it a try and as I go I may be back to post with questions. (don't worry im not a simpleton, and I don't give up easy. I'll only be posting if I simply cant figure it out or atleast within a reasonable amount of time:P)

For now you have answered most of my questions. As to yours about routines, singular is ok but the more specific ones that are writin you simply drop the folder into the routines folder (same place singular is) and you configure HB to load that routine (instead of singular) Then the configure button that would normally configure Singular configures whatever Routine or Custom Class you chose. Theyre all GUI based to varying degrees of simplicity and artistic merit.

What would you recommend I start out with? I will be starting before I hear back from you or anyone else so I may find something/it out on my own but I still like ot hear others advice and experience. Perhaps I was spoiled with HB however I hope that wasn't the case. The fact that this guy (whoever writes minions) is working on like a dozen simultaneously which doesn't bode well for updates and/or quality unless he has a monstrous team or something.. but still, ill reserve judgement :P I was an absolute pro with honorbuddy, I became quick, could do exactly what I wanted when I wanted, and botting was second nature, simple, and efficient. I hope I can end up with a similar experience here.

Finally in regard to lazyraider - I may have chose the wrong plugin to refer to. I mean a "plugin" which allows you to control your character (targeting and such) however upon selected a mob, or initiating combat it handles your rotation for you. Essentially maximizing dps (or heals for that matter) As with any class/game their is an ideal skill rotation and speed that it can be executed and things like this remove the human error. Of course with this game having a much much longer GCD it may be a bit different. (im only 20 at this point :P) I had a 50 in legacy however it was a DoW class and a very different game at that point :P

Anything to offer im all ears! I'm not a leech, once I get rolling I do/will pay it forward :)

with that said, anyone on ultros need a healer? I have a plethora of mmo experience going back years and years and am an avid end gamer. I consider myself an elite player and would like to be surrounded by likeminded players. Unfortunately I couldn't get my guild to leave wow so im a lone ranger atm :P (have had a sub since launch but due to RMA's and the wrath of god it felt like, I just now got to playing however from this point forward my playtime is likely going to be more than yours :P

/endofbook
(01-09-2014, 07:34 PM)klepp0906 Wrote: [ -> ]What would you recommend I start out with? I will be starting before I hear back from you or anyone else so I may find something/it out on my own but I still like ot hear others advice and experience. Perhaps I was spoiled with HB however I hope that wasn't the case. The fact that this guy (whoever writes minions) is working on like a dozen simultaneously which doesn't bode well for updates and/or quality unless he has a monstrous team or something.. but still, ill reserve judgement :P I was an absolute pro with honorbuddy, I became quick, could do exactly what I wanted when I wanted, and botting was second nature, simple, and efficient. I hope I can end up with a similar experience here.
Actually, minion consists on a team of people. I believe, all the members that has "admin" rank is the core developer. I can't really confirm anything else beyond that.

(01-09-2014, 07:34 PM)klepp0906 Wrote: [ -> ]Finally in regard to lazyraider - I may have chose the wrong plugin to refer to. I mean a "plugin" which allows you to control your character (targeting and such) however upon selected a mob, or initiating combat it handles your rotation for you. Essentially maximizing dps (or heals for that matter) As with any class/game their is an ideal skill rotation and speed that it can be executed and things like this remove the human error. Of course with this game having a much much longer GCD it may be a bit different. (im only 20 at this point :P) I had a 50 in legacy however it was a DoW class and a very different game at that point :P
I am sure you are looking for the Assist Mode. With minor tweaking (conditioning and what not), assist will also target those (that conforms to the conditions) to heal or damage or buff. You only need to make sure the skill profiles are based on your preferences. The weakness of the assist mode atm is it can't use aoe ground spells/skills yet. It also can't differentiate players (party members) by its classes. Overall, it's still very handy.

The base concept of minion (well mostly), is to use the skill manager when it requires to. The crafting/assists/grind/party-grind/fates/gather/etc applies the use of the skill manager. The skills listed on the profiles set upon the skill manager will be executed based on its conditions. I suggest you play around with it and get used to it. You may want to roll your own customized version of the profiles as you level. If you want a reference, Jackie's skill profiles are good. I can't really say that Jackie's profile is good for low level classes, as i started using minion and jackie's profiles after i am lv50. But i am sure it will still uses the skills properly.

side-note: I have the modified version of jackie's profiles (though i only used smn/sch/blm), but i am tweaking it to fit my needs. experimenting on it on what i could do and what i can't.

other-notes: FFXIV applies the concept of cross-class skills, thus further making it harder to provide a low level skill profiles. Because some people may have certain skills, while the other may not. it may not sound that important, but for crafters... its a different story. ;)

Have fun.
(01-10-2014, 12:47 AM)darkraito Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-09-2014, 07:34 PM)klepp0906 Wrote: [ -> ]What would you recommend I start out with? I will be starting before I hear back from you or anyone else so I may find something/it out on my own but I still like ot hear others advice and experience. Perhaps I was spoiled with HB however I hope that wasn't the case. The fact that this guy (whoever writes minions) is working on like a dozen simultaneously which doesn't bode well for updates and/or quality unless he has a monstrous team or something.. but still, ill reserve judgement :P I was an absolute pro with honorbuddy, I became quick, could do exactly what I wanted when I wanted, and botting was second nature, simple, and efficient. I hope I can end up with a similar experience here.
Actually, minion consists on a team of people. I believe, all the members that has "admin" rank is the core developer. I can't really confirm anything else beyond that.

(01-09-2014, 07:34 PM)klepp0906 Wrote: [ -> ]Finally in regard to lazyraider - I may have chose the wrong plugin to refer to. I mean a "plugin" which allows you to control your character (targeting and such) however upon selected a mob, or initiating combat it handles your rotation for you. Essentially maximizing dps (or heals for that matter) As with any class/game their is an ideal skill rotation and speed that it can be executed and things like this remove the human error. Of course with this game having a much much longer GCD it may be a bit different. (im only 20 at this point :P) I had a 50 in legacy however it was a DoW class and a very different game at that point :P
I am sure you are looking for the Assist Mode. With minor tweaking (conditioning and what not), assist will also target those (that conforms to the conditions) to heal or damage or buff. You only need to make sure the skill profiles are based on your preferences. The weakness of the assist mode atm is it can't use aoe ground spells/skills yet. It also can't differentiate players (party members) by its classes. Overall, it's still very handy.

The base concept of minion (well mostly), is to use the skill manager when it requires to. The crafting/assists/grind/party-grind/fates/gather/etc applies the use of the skill manager. The skills listed on the profiles set upon the skill manager will be executed based on its conditions. I suggest you play around with it and get used to it. You may want to roll your own customized version of the profiles as you level. If you want a reference, Jackie's skill profiles are good. I can't really say that Jackie's profile is good for low level classes, as i started using minion and jackie's profiles after i am lv50. But i am sure it will still uses the skills properly.

side-note: I have the modified version of jackie's profiles (though i only used smn/sch/blm), but i am tweaking it to fit my needs. experimenting on it on what i could do and what i can't.

other-notes: FFXIV applies the concept of cross-class skills, thus further making it harder to provide a low level skill profiles. Because some people may have certain skills, while the other may not. it may not sound that important, but for crafters... its a different story. ;)

Have fun.

Well, after a day of using it I will say this. First and foremost, it was capable of more than I expected. Well lets say more without much modification. I figured it was fairly powerful, I just wasn't sure how much knowledge of the inner workings of bots or this bot would be required. Its certainly not near the degree of power that HB has but as you said HB has had years to mature and is based around a much different game. That said, for simple things this is awesome. I just needed an opportunity to remove some redundancy while I finished up a few RL things.

When initially posting this thread and trying to understand the base of minion, I was under the impression it came bare bones. Apart from lets say a particular route for a specific purpose, it comes with what ive learned are the "navmeshes" for most of the earlier zones ive tried it on. An honorbuddy parallel would be Waypoints, as most of the zones in WoW come "meshed" by honorbuddy so you only need to use profiles which are made up of waypoints (routes) created by yourself or others. (usually easily downladed en masse. If you used it much im sure your aware of Kick's which will literally level you 1-90 with quests via a click of a button) I didn't expect anything to this degree and that's fine. I also now understand the parallel to HB's Combat Routine is the Skill Manager Profiles. Certainly basic in its design but not scope. All the same things seem to be modifiable, the only difference with HB is they have different ones designed for dfferent uses with different rotations. ei: warrior tanking profile vs warrior pvp profile which obviously have different abilities in different orders w/ different priorities etc.

All in all I think this has excellent potential with time. While i'd certainly prefer a bot with a team solely devoted to this game, this will serve my needs just fine for now. Ive also noticed some of the addon type um. customizations you can download for the minion. Not sure what you guys call them but they would be a parallel to HB's "bots" which were things like archeologybuddy or anglerbuddy2 lazyraider or bgbuddy etc. All "botbases" so to speak which allowed you to do more specific things.

A bit to learn and adjust to but im really happy with my first day using it. I cant say for sure one way or the other as I haven't been here but a day and its been largely spent in game BUT to thrive and generate lots more moolah for the dev, it would be well served to have a large database of profiles, meshes, botbases etc to download and supplement what comes with Minion. (user made and otherwise) The community is the heart and soul of Honorbuddy and has come up with some amazing stuff. Some charge for really elite tools, most do not. SVN's are used to distribute most of the files and its continually improving across the board. I see we do have some forums for user created additions and im really excited to look through some of it. I was blessed with much but creativity was not one of those things so I hope to contribute here myself, just in my own way lol.

Anyhow, before I blab on much longer I wanted to thank you for clearing up everything I asked to the best of your ability. I really appreciate it. You made it a bit less overwhelming from the rip.

Cant say I wont be back if I have any specific inquiries, but I try to keep it to a minimum :) I had an issue with the bot continually going after a fate with one of those boss-like mobs and getting me killed over and over (total bot like behavior) fortunately I found the blacklist before having to harass you :P

I do have a few questions before I go!

1) Is their a way to set the fate level range from say -5 of your level to -1 of your level? instead of even with your level (0)? I want to have some extra insurance for the aforementioned situation for those rare occasions I irresponsibly go afk while botting :)

2) Is it possible to prioritize fates to any degree as opposed to mobs when it isn't set to do fates only? If not, how is this prioritized? How does the bot choose/work in this situation?

3) With the Fate only box checked, how far will the bot travel? Can it pick up a fate spawning on the opposite corner of the zone from where your character currently is or is their a limit? Speaking of limit, is their a way to set a boundry on how far your character will travel to engage a spawned fate? Say if you have it on hybrid mode and are grinding mobs and would rather continue than run to hellshalf acre for a fate spawn as opposed to one that spawns close.

That's all I got for now :) Lots of reading to do!

Thank you again!
I can't really give more info on how fates is done in minion though, i haven't really completely tried it yet. This is mostly what i know from the forum.

If I read the notice correctly, minion now download the latest meshes from Latty. Thus making our lives a lot easier :D.
The best part (i haven't check in a while, please forgive me if i am wrong) is, the meshes has a level range for what fates it has in its name. By simply following the meshes suggestion, you will not end up in fates that are too overwhelming. You also have found fates that has boss. Like you said, this can be blacklisted. As the range, as long as its in the mesh it will try to move the fate, if you didn't blacklist it yet. As far as i know there are no hybrid mode yet. Most of the time, people just stay in town while waiting for fates.
(01-10-2014, 04:42 AM)klepp0906 Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-10-2014, 12:47 AM)darkraito Wrote: [ -> ]

Have fun.

Well, after a day of using it I will say this. First and foremost, it was capable of more than I expected. Well lets say more without much modification. I figured it was fairly powerful, I just wasn't sure how much knowledge of the inner workings of bots or this bot would be required. Its certainly not near the degree of power that HB has but as you said HB has had years to mature and is based around a much different game. That said, for simple things this is awesome. I just needed an opportunity to remove some redundancy while I finished up a few RL things.

When initially posting this thread and trying to understand the base of minion, I was under the impression it came bare bones. Apart from lets say a particular route for a specific purpose, it comes with what ive learned are the "navmeshes" for most of the earlier zones ive tried it on. An honorbuddy parallel would be Waypoints, as most of the zones in WoW come "meshed" by honorbuddy so you only need to use profiles which are made up of waypoints (routes) created by yourself or others. (usually easily downladed en masse. If you used it much im sure your aware of Kick's which will literally level you 1-90 with quests via a click of a button) I didn't expect anything to this degree and that's fine. I also now understand the parallel to HB's Combat Routine is the Skill Manager Profiles. Certainly basic in its design but not scope. All the same things seem to be modifiable, the only difference with HB is they have different ones designed for dfferent uses with different rotations. ei: warrior tanking profile vs warrior pvp profile which obviously have different abilities in different orders w/ different priorities etc.

All in all I think this has excellent potential with time. While i'd certainly prefer a bot with a team solely devoted to this game, this will serve my needs just fine for now. Ive also noticed some of the addon type um. customizations you can download for the minion. Not sure what you guys call them but they would be a parallel to HB's "bots" which were things like archeologybuddy or anglerbuddy2 lazyraider or bgbuddy etc. All "botbases" so to speak which allowed you to do more specific things.

A bit to learn and adjust to but im really happy with my first day using it. I cant say for sure one way or the other as I haven't been here but a day and its been largely spent in game BUT to thrive and generate lots more moolah for the dev, it would be well served to have a large database of profiles, meshes, botbases etc to download and supplement what comes with Minion. (user made and otherwise) The community is the heart and soul of Honorbuddy and has come up with some amazing stuff. Some charge for really elite tools, most do not. SVN's are used to distribute most of the files and its continually improving across the board. I see we do have some forums for user created additions and im really excited to look through some of it. I was blessed with much but creativity was not one of those things so I hope to contribute here myself, just in my own way lol.

Anyhow, before I blab on much longer I wanted to thank you for clearing up everything I asked to the best of your ability. I really appreciate it. You made it a bit less overwhelming from the rip.

Cant say I wont be back if I have any specific inquiries, but I try to keep it to a minimum :) I had an issue with the bot continually going after a fate with one of those boss-like mobs and getting me killed over and over (total bot like behavior) fortunately I found the blacklist before having to harass you :P

I do have a few questions before I go!

1) Is their a way to set the fate level range from say -5 of your level to -1 of your level? instead of even with your level (0)? I want to have some extra insurance for the aforementioned situation for those rare occasions I irresponsibly go afk while botting :)

2) Is it possible to prioritize fates to any degree as opposed to mobs when it isn't set to do fates only? If not, how is this prioritized? How does the bot choose/work in this situation?

3) With the Fate only box checked, how far will the bot travel? Can it pick up a fate spawning on the opposite corner of the zone from where your character currently is or is their a limit? Speaking of limit, is their a way to set a boundry on how far your character will travel to engage a spawned fate? Say if you have it on hybrid mode and are grinding mobs and would rather continue than run to hellshalf acre for a fate spawn as opposed to one that spawns close.

That's all I got for now :) Lots of reading to do!

Thank you again!

on the fates. it will travel anywhere in the map if it has a nav mesh. latty's meshes are 100% of the zone so the bot because its not a waypoint bot but a nav mesh bot it can create a path to anywhere on the mesh. and you can randomize paths so you dont always run the same path. as for grinding mobs/fates its way better xp to just farm fates then grind mobs. specially in hte higher tiers of fates quarrymill + its best to do fates only. Missing a fate because you are finishing off killing a mob is a loss of a lot of xp.
Pages: 1 2