MMOMinion

Full Version: Donwload Speeds / Mesh Update
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
what are people getting with the mesh download speeds?

the couple of times it has download the mesh files, it takes about an hour or more.

can we get a little more bandwidth on the updates or atleast have them download in the background?
must have been some serverside issue, I had that also yesterday, a few hours later it was ok again...
(01-05-2014, 07:58 AM)rm223a100 Wrote: [ -> ]what are people getting with the mesh download speeds?

the couple of times it has download the mesh files, it takes about an hour or more.

can we get a little more bandwidth on the updates or atleast have them download in the background?

Bandwidth costs money and a lot of it. If it takes an hour for an update so be it just gotta kinda deal with it.
i understand bandwidth costs money, but i am also paying for this service.

i don't expect to have a 50mbit connection piped directly to me, but the multiple 5mb to 20mb files shouldn't take 1 to 2 hours to download.
(01-06-2014, 07:09 PM)rm223a100 Wrote: [ -> ]i understand bandwidth costs money, but i am also paying for this service.

i don't expect to have a 50mbit connection piped directly to me, but the multiple 5mb to 20mb files shouldn't take 1 to 2 hours to download.

Do you have any idea how much a line costs? 50mb up constant probably costs 400USD a month lol, don't want to deal with multiple updates turn off automatic updating and your problem is solved. keep in mind they are sending 20mb at a time probably to several thousand people at 1x its not as cheap and easy as you expect.
Our server has a 100 mbit connection to a 550Gbit backbone. There shouldn't be much bandwidth issues, could just be some bad routing from your location. I personally can download all the meshes within 1 or 2 minutes.
(01-06-2014, 10:07 PM)Powder Wrote: [ -> ]Our server has a 100 mbit connection to a 550Gbit backbone. There shouldn't be much bandwidth issues, could just be some bad routing from your location. I personally can download all the meshes within 1 or 2 minutes.

Same, takes about 30 seconds to grab all of them.
Yesterday it took me about and hour and a half to get all the new meshes that were pushed out.. Painful lol
I've had a few instances where it's taken a long time (hour?) to download, even on my fast connection. Normally don't have a problem though.
had to reinstall yesterday due to harddisk change (btw, why does the Updater no more work if I move everything to a new harddisk, but give it the same letter?), and it was fast as hell again. Internet isn't always reliable, your provider will tell you ;)
Pages: 1 2