MMOMinion

Full Version: Getting stuck in a state of constant "Interrupted"?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Does this happen to anyone else? My bot will be grinding fine and then suddenly get stuck trying to rotate through several skills at once. I've only had it happen on my THM for now. It seems to happen randomly, and I've seen it stuck this way for up to two minutes on a basic mob (usually it fixes it self on a random cure). The only skill it will really use is cure to keep itself alive while it spams the rest.

I have cure at <50% hp, but otherwise I only have the skills I have access to in my SkillManager.

Any tips?
(01-05-2014, 08:25 AM)Phoxly Wrote: [ -> ]Does this happen to anyone else? My bot will be grinding fine and then suddenly get stuck trying to rotate through several skills at once. I've only had it happen on my THM for now. It seems to happen randomly, and I've seen it stuck this way for up to two minutes on a basic mob (usually it fixes it self on a random cure).

I have cure at <50% hp, but otherwise I only have the skills I have access to in my SkillManager.

Any tips?

This should happen to everyone (if they bother to look at their what their bot is doing). My bot will usually end up dying without getting the <Cure> casted, because the bot didn't finish casting the <Cure> spell and instead went on to cast other spells instead.

With the combination of lag + casting pushback delay (being whacked by mobs), <Cure> can take up to 4sec to be casted instead of 2sec.

My workaround (somewhat tedious) is to add a "Cast when health >50%" for the the skills having lower priority/importance than <Cure>.

My suggestion to the Developers is to add a "Requires Channelling" option checkbox like what they did in GW2.
except there is no push back and no channelling skills. its an interruption when you get hit. and there are only cast time skills. What causes this problem is lag/teleporting. What happens if you are lagging bad teh bot moves you around and starts to attack the mob. But the server hasnt updated your postion propperly so you get the cast stop cast stop cast stop cast stop because the target is out of range. this happens with teleporting and you dont update your postion before you try and pull. My work around is to lower the cast distance % in the optoins of the bot so you always start closer to the mob. but now that i ahve my internet up and running like a champ i dont get this any more. I use to get it all the time when my isp was being shitastic
(01-05-2014, 11:58 AM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]except there is no push back and no channelling skills. its an interruption when you get hit. and there are only cast time skills. What causes this problem is lag/teleporting. What happens if you are lagging bad teh bot moves you around and starts to attack the mob. But the server hasnt updated your postion propperly so you get the cast stop cast stop cast stop cast stop because the target is out of range. this happens with teleporting and you dont update your postion before you try and pull. My work around is to lower the cast distance % in the optoins of the bot so you always start closer to the mob. but now that i ahve my internet up and running like a champ i dont get this any more. I use to get it all the time when my isp was being shitastic

I still get interrupted on both heal and damage spells even when the below conditions are satisfied.
- 60ms ping on my quicker servers
- "Combat Range" is set to 50%
- Using Assist Mode (So obviously I'm not moving)
- Mob is being tanked at a safe distance from me (So I can confirm that I won't take dmg for at least 10sec).

The skill manager routine cannot tell whether I have finished casting the spell, it just gives a fixed time limit of 2.5sec per spell, and then moves to the next spell on list.
(01-05-2014, 01:10 PM)Xelaeon Wrote: [ -> ][quote='jackie1234' pid='47370' dateline='1388923115']

The skill manager routine cannot tell whether I have finished casting the spell, it just gives a fixed time limit of 2.5sec per spell, and then moves to the next spell on list.

and thats a problem how? there is no "push back" on spell casts... only interruption. if you get hit while casting it doesnt increase the cast time it just has a chance to cancel the cast completely.
(01-05-2014, 01:10 PM)Xelaeon Wrote: [ -> ]I still get interrupted on both heal and damage spells even when the below conditions are satisfied.
- 60ms ping on my quicker servers
- "Combat Range" is set to 50%
- Using Assist Mode (So obviously I'm not moving)
- Mob is being tanked at a safe distance from me (So I can confirm that I won't take dmg for at least 10sec).

Same here. I might try that >50% option on all my DPS skills and see if that helps. The interrupt sequence happens very quickly. Like Lightning, Fire, Fire, Fire all interupt within about 2 seconds, just back to back.