MMOMinion

Full Version: Mining Unspoiled Nodes?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is there any way to make the bot gather from unspoiled nodes?
It would be great to have the bow gather say clusters in dhona or say gold or darksteel ore and even teleport to the next area (Dhona - Dragonhead - Drybone)
Does anyone know of any way to currently do this. Is it something that can be made?
Its something that can be made. I am currently working on a module/task specifically for this function. But my understanding of LUA scripting and the Minion's API are very low atm. I don't really have that much time to spend on the coding itself too. Thus, slowing the progress of the project. Complaint

plus, I don't feel 'secure' doing any testing with my long-term account.
Yeah I just started looking into working on one myself.
I'll Have a play around with it anyways see what I can do with it.
Well.. currently, we have
  • the in-game teleport function.
  • meshes.
  • navigations calculation and movement.
  • skill manager (to cast Truth and Toil).

but what the API doesn't provide (AFAIK) is, Eorzea Time. I found a way to calculate it, but i haven't verified its validity yet.
So from what I can gather is all that needs to be put into a module is.
Something to grab the Eorzea Time and from that do things like teleporting to next location (Drybone - Dragonhead ect.) on set times.
Also to switch classes on these times depending the node. This would also need the skill manager class to change.
Cause from what I can gather the bot as it is will gather unspoiled nodes for whatever you set.
This is what i came up with so far. Haven't got to the coding yet. I am still in the planning phase.
  • Get current Eorzea Time.
  • Check what node is currently available (or check for future nodes).
  • Change class based on the node. Then cast Truth skill
  • Calculate and move from the current position to the node. if teleport is required, then teleport.
  • Wait for GP points (optional)
  • Gather the nodes, and use skills profiles if required).
  • Mark a 'flag' stating this node is already gathered.
  • Repeat.
  • Every 24h of Eorzea Time, reset the flag.

EDIT:
The current Gather bot, is very specific on what it needs to gather. it will always gather the first available on the gather menu if no priorities are set. Unlike the normal gather, unspoiled node has the OOR spots. If you have good gears, you could always 1 hit it (on the correct slot) and proceed with the node gathering. Thus allowing you to use the CP for better purpose (+yield or +attempt). The normal gather bot is also focused on the marker.

-rant- Sigh. Closed the tab by mistake and i have to rewrite over. Complaint -rant-
I'm currently trying to work out the proper way to calculate the time from reading the ffxivclock sites coding.
o_O, did he released his code?
Nuh just following the javascript seeing what I can make from it.
I don't see anything that may lead to his 'calculation'.
And i just fixed my own calculation and determined that the calculate is basically synchronized with ffxivclock :D

Edit:
Just to confirm. Is it just me or not?
The ffxiv game time is always faster by 3 minutes compared to ffxivclock. and later it start to synchronized again.

Edit2:
I understand why ffxivclock have issues with the 'unsynchronized' clock. possibly its the weakness of javascript, or they just doesn't want to cause their server to over load too much. The calculations and what not are done internally. The javascript will query the server every now and then to re-synchronized.
Pages: 1 2 3