MMOMinion

Full Version: (req) AutoBuff?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way for main minion to have it so once a skill is chosen the buff is auto in there rather than looking it up and adding manually? It's pretty universal whether a skill needs buff or not. like bio, auto has target buff not 179.
I mainly ask because it was implemented in the standalone crafting module and the only reason why I haven't switched to the built in crafting. its a pain to figure out and add each buff over and over...
Maybe im just that lazy haha.... but thought would be good across all skills im not coder so not sure if it would be hard or not.
so you want somebody else to look the ids up for you ? the skill id isnt related to the buff id in any way, so there is no way of doing it automaticaly without compiling a big list for every possible skill. You would also have to check if the buff is put in the target or the player for every skill. So compared to looking up buffs ids on xivdb.com and adding them when needed that hardly seems worth the effort.
all I can say is it works good in the crafting mod. Just has to be done once, and I also see some redundancy in doing 100ppl the same thing, vs. doing 1 person that thing ;) Obviously it only makes sense with some buffs, like protect, stone skin, crafting stuff etc.
I only had to set up buff and debuff ids once..per class was kinda the point I made the skill profiles so others wouldn't need to look all that up. And you pretty much only need 3 crafting profiles 1 for each durability 40/70/80 it will work for every craft.
(01-16-2014, 03:35 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]I only had to set up buff and debuff ids once..per class was kinda the point I made the skill profiles so others wouldn't need to look all that up. And you pretty much only need 3 crafting profiles 1 for each durability 40/70/80 it will work for every craft.

I noticed that some crafting skills that have the same name have different IDs, probably since they originate from different jobs. So if you don't want to waste cross-skills, it's better to have separate profiles in that case.
(01-16-2014, 03:46 PM)TauTau Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-16-2014, 03:35 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]I only had to set up buff and debuff ids once..per class was kinda the point I made the skill profiles so others wouldn't need to look all that up. And you pretty much only need 3 crafting profiles 1 for each durability 40/70/80 it will work for every craft.

I noticed that some crafting skills that have the same name have different IDs, probably since they originate from different jobs. So if you don't want to waste cross-skills, it's better to have separate profiles in that case.
Or similar to my ward profile you can put all those skills in same profile with the same conditions and it will use what skill is for that class and not the skill it can't use
interesting idea...
(01-16-2014, 03:54 PM)TauTau Wrote: [ -> ]interesting idea...

I have all the skills set up this way makes crafting easy
(01-16-2014, 12:46 PM)HansW Wrote: [ -> ]so you want somebody else to look the ids up for you ? the skill id isnt related to the buff id in any way, so there is no way of doing it automaticaly without compiling a big list for every possible skill. You would also have to check if the buff is put in the target or the player for every skill. So compared to looking up buffs ids on xivdb.com and adding them when needed that hardly seems worth the effort.

No lol, i can look up buffs myself, I was just saying.. I make profiles alot with different set-ups for crafting and grinding.. Each time i set up new profiles just take what i think is unnecessary time when most the time all the skills with buffs could already be applied at module creation, obviously bio, would only ever go on target not, why not have skillmanager auto set it to buff id? as for protech itwould always go on player, why not set to auto buff id on player? you know? it was just a suggestion, I have a printed out list of all the buffs but it still just takes some time configuring my new profiles (grinding, farming, crafting) I just think this bot has made me lazy ;-)

heh thanks for response :)

(01-16-2014, 03:52 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]Or similar to my ward profile you can put all those skills in same profile with the same conditions and it will use what skill is for that class and not the skill it can't use

Thanks for this Jackie, i did not know this, this will make my general profiles a breeze! I know with the other crafting module if a skill cant be used it would hang up im glad u mentioned this! this is work with my generic 1star under profiles for sure! :D
(01-16-2014, 12:46 PM)HansW Wrote: [ -> ]so you want somebody else to look the ids up for you ? the skill id isnt related to the buff id in any way, so there is no way of doing it automaticaly without compiling a big list for every possible skill. You would also have to check if the buff is put in the target or the player for every skill. So compared to looking up buffs ids on xivdb.com and adding them when needed that hardly seems worth the effort.

To be honest, compiling a list would be awesome! If you think its worth a sticky ill start one out myself.

Their are situations where you are trying to modify your rotation on the fly and its either inconvienient or imposssible to find something to cast on for example to get its buff/debuff ID to do so.

Their really arent that many skills in this game let alone buffs or debuffs to make this an "OMG" proposition. I would venture that with a few people's input it wouldnt take more than an hour or two tops.

Having a sticky to reference with all the ID's would be awesome! Am i crazy or does this sound like a feasable idea/plan?
Pages: 1 2