MMOMinion

Full Version: Best Parser for FFXIV currently?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just curious what the most popular parser out there is? Does it track heals as well? overhealing? Does it affect Minion?

Finally is their a way to get something like this built into minion? I figure the xpstats addon is a light proof of concept sort of thing... I'm not sure if the combat log is "logged" by default but wouldnt/isnt this sort of thing based/timed/read off of that?

Either way, until that point - if it ever comes - what is everyone using now? :)
I currently find the best one to be on the FFXIV-APP site
k i had also seen advanced combat tracker which is something i used in eq1 and eq2 iirc so i figured if their were 2, their were probably more... and i wanted to make sure i knew what was popular or the best or both (usually theyre one and the same lol)

Thank you for your reply ^^

(do you know if it handles heal data as well? and if it interferes with minion/can be ran in windowed?)
Well I only use it for WHM as my main is PLD so dps is pointless to look at lol.
Doesnt interupt minion and it overlays windows like minion does so its always visible. try it. it' free and the file size is tiny.
excellent! i plan on doing just that. Do you know if it works in full screen mode? :P

ughg i know minion doesnt (well it does but good luck changing anything)

I sure hope this is something that changes in the future. I have no idea what the hurdle/holdup is but I run a pc with 4 video cards and i essentially have to run the game on much lower settings than i would otherwise due to having to run windowed which kills SLI. (could be remedied if nvidia would fix that as well but i digress)
I am sure it (the overlay info) doesn't work with fullscreen mode. a friend tried and complained about it. You probably need to use Borderless Window mode. But i am not sure about SLI and nvidia settings involved.
yea borderless windowed is what I (and i would assume) most people use if forced to use windowed.

unfortunately, no sli in either SO that leaves me either excellent performance/image quality in the game i built this pc for and no bot, or bot but bad performance and low image quality in a 10,000 dollar pc. VERY tough tradeoff/decision. Naturally all would be fixed if MS would stop screwing w/ their os's and nvidia would consider this a driver priority.. but i digress. the only thing either considers a priority is the USD
You can still run FFXIV-APP without the overlay. It still provide detail information of your fight. But alt+tab may be quite annoying.

ot:
But i am surprise. you are using full screen means you only have 1 monitor. Usually user of dual or more monitor user dislike full screen unless they 'merge' the view together. but for an mmo, i don't see a point in doing so. makes your UI too broad and hard to 'read' that way. But i guess its a matter of preferences
I am using 3 screens. in surround however :P

Nothing is stretched or hard to read, its aspect ratio is the same however I think you are thinking of landscape mode. I am running 3 monitors in portrait which gives me a resolution of 4680x2560. you are correct, alt tabbing out while full screeen sucks, however for the parser, it would be tolerable if i "had" to. The bot however, if this was able to be used full screen it would make my "year" atleast. Maybe even my decade :P lol.
i dont see how dropping to borderless windowmode drops your performance. I'm running two 7950 3gig each in crossfire i have like 240 fps on maximum. with 1 game client open not in crossfire mode i have like 175 on maximum. But the thing is you cant pysically see the diffrence between 240 fps and 175 fps. and 10,000 usd on a computer thats crazy. i spent about 900 bucks on my computer and i have 5.0 ghz amd 8 core 64 gigs of ram and 2 amd 7950's with water cooling 5 fans fan controller.
Pages: 1 2