MMOMinion

Full Version: FFXIV Chat being monitored and ppl getting banned
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It seems like SE are monitoring some keywords on FFXIV Chat (no news on that) and banning players for using 3rd Party Programs.

Please take a look in this link:

http://www.reddit.com/r/ffxiv/comments/1..._ffxivapp/
not to be crass about it..but if your talking about any of the aforementioned in game your a moron anyhow. Lets be honest, the tools are here so i'll use them but I wish none of it ever came to pass. Between that, RMT, and blizzard... mmo's were drivin headfirst into rebar reinforced concrete >.<
(01-22-2014, 02:03 PM)klepp0906 Wrote: [ -> ]not to be crass about it..but if your talking about any of the aforementioned in game your a moron anyhow. Lets be honest, the tools are here so i'll use them but I wish none of it ever came to pass. Between that, RMT, and blizzard... mmo's were drivin headfirst into rebar reinforced concrete >.<

Exactly..If you are running around stating you are boting in ANY chat in game, you are most certainly not the brightest...
i don't think its being monitored per-say... i think it was reported as a screenshot, because if chat was being monitored i would have been the first one banned ages ago :D... Snicker
That should not be an surprise for anyone that developers are checking the chat. It's happening in every game lol.
(01-22-2014, 11:51 PM)cookiemonster711 Wrote: [ -> ]i don't think its being monitored per-say... i think it was reported as a screenshot, because if chat was being monitored i would have been the first one banned ages ago :D... Snicker
I think i can agree with this. I did speak off the app and even promote the usage of it to my comatose-like FC (there are only 3 of us), i have yet to get a warning for it.

But this (me and mates talking in chat) only happens occasionally, as most of the time when we need to do an instance run, we will use skype instead. Though one of our us doesn't have a mic. He had to use fc-chat instead. I wonder if he is at higher risk that i am. xD
(01-22-2014, 02:03 PM)klepp0906 Wrote: [ -> ]not to be crass about it..but if your talking about any of the aforementioned in game your a moron anyhow. Lets be honest, the tools are here so i'll use them but I wish none of it ever came to pass. Between that, RMT, and blizzard... mmo's were drivin headfirst into rebar reinforced concrete >.<

I don't do that, just wanted to share some info.