MMOMinion

Full Version: Bot Updates taking forever
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I am having several issues with the bot atmo, my PC at home took an update today at 5pm EST, I had Icey and Craftool as my only mods running, bot would not grind at all as others have reported. I decided it would be a good idea to try a fresh from scratch update around 8pm EST, I run a 50MB connection it is 9:09 and the bot is still downloading the Mesh files it has taken over an hour to download 156 MB of information. Can someone PLEASE look into why it is taking so long to update files. I know you say you have a good connection and as others have reported before this process is taking forever. Perhaps your host is throttling or something. I know for a fact I have no issues downloading from other sites it is just Minion. There was no major updates to FFXIV so you cannot possibly have that much traffic or that many people doing updates tonight. Please do not brush this aside once again and close the topic by saying there is nothing we can do, if you have the connection you state you do a 100Mbit connection to a 550GB Backbone this should not be taking this long. It seems to be the .obj files that are slowing down the updates. 9:17pm and now 190MB downloaded
i just did a fresh install about 2min to download everything.
(01-24-2014, 08:18 AM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]I also noticed that sometimes (like reallly rare) the download is super slow, but our server is not even getting warm nor does its connection to the interent. It must be some routing issues on the way to you... so nothing we can change from our side :/

Fx I have tried the download from multiple places different ISP, and on the 1st I am getting a new ISP at my house, I can again try to update and see how it is on that ISP. Would it be possible for you to provide the IP of the download server so I can run a tracert with my results and see where this is getting hung up at, either ISP level, Server level, or level 3? My new connection will have fiber being run directly to my house, and as I said before I dont think its my current ISP as downloading P2P Torrents or anything else I am getting 1.5MB down on a 50MB line.
(01-24-2014, 12:42 PM)fxfire Wrote: [ -> ]ip is the same as the website

As I said I dont think its my ISP just ran the tracert and it is not getting hung up anywhere which tells me your host is most likely throttling. I know for a fact im outside my work firewall and we are allowed 25MB/sec each that will not throttle no matter what is being downloaded. Updates here take 45mins - 1 hour as well.