MMOMinion

Full Version: Bot facing the wrong way and not attacking
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Is there a way to fix this? I thought that EnhancedAssist would fix it, but the bot just doesnt attack the mobs which are below it. If I manually turn around then the bot attacks :S This is all in Assist mode.
I find this to be a curious issue too. The default assists mode auto-faced on certain conditions like say healing a party member or pets). But it does not auto-face the enemy. Probably some bug somewhere in the code.
Yea, I would love to have a fix for this. EnhancedAssist promised that this will be fixed, but it's still a problem :\
IIRC, Enhanced Assists had a different problem. AceRage did fixed that problem though. What he can't fix is the inherent issue with the current normal Assist Mode.
auto facing has been removed because people complained about the assist mode forcing them to face. SE may have changed the client, because in the past it did autoface the target as soon as you started casting. I don't really think you want to have autofacing in assist mode, you wont be able to move properly. Assist mode is all about you doing the movement, that includes facing.
Quote:SE may have changed the client, because in the past it did autoface the target as soon as you started casting.
it still does.
[Image: 35n8zld.jpg]

i think i can see your point. I guess what i am observing is merely the byproduct of minion's assists mode and ffxiv's options to auto-face target and Standard type movement settings.

Quote:I don't really think you want to have autofacing in assist mode, you wont be able to move properly.
Actually, i tested this using Camera-type movement settings. Casting an instant-cast skills to a mob while running in circle. i was not encumbered by any movement defects.
The problem of movement will only occurs if we are using Standard type in the first place.

When using Assist-mode while using Camera-type movement. Everything else seems to work fine. except it will not use any skill when you are not facing the opponent. It still does cast 'rouse' on pets.
When using Assist-mode while using Standard-type movement, auto-casting Rouse will make you run backwards. Auto healing/buffing party members makes you walk in a weird motions. (hence what you said, it shouldn't autoface).

-----------
i hope the texts above aren't too confusing.
I can't say for certain what the problem really is. But this is merely what i observe.
(01-25-2014, 10:04 AM)HansW Wrote: [ -> ]auto facing has been removed because people complained about the assist mode forcing them to face. SE may have changed the client, because in the past it did autoface the target as soon as you started casting. I don't really think you want to have autofacing in assist mode, you wont be able to move properly. Assist mode is all about you doing the movement, that includes facing.

Is there a way to bring it back, perhaps as a checkbox? So you can choose to enable it or not .
Mine always does an auto-face 1 time, if you have any of the auto-target options (and aren't healing). I can give you the option to auto-face before every cast, but I will warn you that you will probably hate it sometimes, and I suggest you set the auto-targeting to 'none', because you will not be able to run away from any fights without turning the bot off if you don't.
(01-26-2014, 03:24 AM)aceRage Wrote: [ -> ]Mine always does an auto-face 1 time, if you have any of the auto-target options (and aren't healing). I can give you the option to auto-face before every cast, but I will warn you that you will probably hate it sometimes, and I suggest you set the auto-targeting to 'none', because you will not be able to run away from any fights without turning the bot off if you don't.
Could you add an option for it. I want to see if it works with legacy control type. :)
Please and thank you.
It's added in the latest version. I know a lot of things don't work with legacy control turned on, so I don't know what kind of results you'll get on that note (though maybe this has changed since I last tried).
Pages: 1 2