MMOMinion

Full Version: gathering: marker time settings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

I'm currently trying to gather some specific stuff. So I set the timer for a marker to 7200, but the bot still runs after a few gatherings to another marker. I have not set "Randomize markers", only "Ignore marker levels". Mabe a bug?
i think when you ignore marker levels it ignores everything on the marker. i think best to do is set each marker 1-50 in each area. This way you do not have to ignore marker
the IgnoreMarkerLevels are only a setting that ignores a specific settings on the marker: "Min Level" and "Max Level".
The function is so that players could AFK leveling their gatherer class without having to worry about moving the toon to the next mining/harvest marker.

e.g
in the map there are 2 markers (or gathering zones). The markers are set to:
Marker A
MinLevel: 1
MaxLevel: 5

Marker B
MinLevel: 6
MaxLevel: 10

you sent your toon to gather around the area. it starts gathering for something (usually the first item in the gather-list since we didn't set what to gather in the first place). We leave it, and eventually it will raise to lv6. By then it will stop gathering at that zone and move to marker B. and stops again until it reached to lv11. By then it will start giving "No Marker in level range found" (or something like that, i can't really remember).

---
But lv50 gatherers wants to farm freely. Thus, the "IgnoreMarkerLevel" options was added.

======================================
(01-27-2014, 12:54 AM)TauTau Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

I'm currently trying to gather some specific stuff. So I set the timer for a marker to 7200, but the bot still runs after a few gatherings to another marker. I have not set "Randomize markers", only "Ignore marker levels". Mabe a bug?
I think i know what your problem really is. The actual problem is the gather zone that you wants to farm is too close to another gather zone. Eventually, minion went to the other zone because of that. Happens to me too. Take a look at the example image i uploaded here.
[Image: 21ozi1v.png]
Please consider that minion is set to gather the closest node in its range. After it take 2 or 3 nodes from A, the closest it could find is from the B. Thus making it an issue as your minion starts to gather from A then move along to B and then to C.

The only way to stop this from happening is by using BlackList Manager. IIRC, there is an option to ignore gathering nodes. I can't really guide you how on to do this, as i don't have access to my minion currently :P

Anyway, goodluck and have fun.
p/s: sorry, i wrote too long :\
thanks for the extensive information... could very well be that it's the overlapping areas