MMOMinion

Full Version: [API] Non-Player Aggro
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Is it possible to pull aggro percentages for other players on a given target? The API seems to indicate that aggro is purely for Player (self) only, but I just wanted to double check that I am not overlooking a detail.
Should be able to in theory since the game itself has a natural aggro meter for party members. I'm sure a function can be made to check that. But IDK lol
I would seriously doubt it...we tend to cherry pick when it comes to reversing since we have a limited amount of time. We could take a look at the class and see if its nearby, no promises though.
(01-29-2014, 08:42 PM)f3re Wrote: [ -> ]I would seriously doubt it...we tend to cherry pick when it comes to reversing since we have a limited amount of time. We could take a look at the class and see if its nearby, no promises though.

Thanks f3re, I've had a couple requests for it, but if I was in your position, I would probably also not be prioritizing it, as it's purely convenience for a very narrow niche of cases. Mainly just wanted to check that I hadn't misconstrued the API before I gave a concrete answer.
(01-29-2014, 09:12 PM)aceRage Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2014, 08:42 PM)f3re Wrote: [ -> ]I would seriously doubt it...we tend to cherry pick when it comes to reversing since we have a limited amount of time. We could take a look at the class and see if its nearby, no promises though.

Thanks f3re, I've had a couple requests for it, but if I was in your position, I would probably also not be prioritizing it, as it's purely convenience for a very narrow niche of cases. Mainly just wanted to check that I hadn't misconstrued the API before I gave a concrete answer.

In time we'll get around to those convenience updates for sure. Right now we're trying to get a beta for questing built and out the door as well as continuing to wrestle with dynamic AOE avoidance (I realize now there's a reason I haven't ever seen this in another bot - we'll get it though).
(01-29-2014, 10:02 PM)f3re Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-29-2014, 09:12 PM)aceRage Wrote: [ -> ]

In time we'll get around to those convenience updates for sure. Right now we're trying to get a beta for questing built and out the door as well as continuing to wrestle with dynamic AOE avoidance (I realize now there's a reason I haven't ever seen this in another bot - we'll get it though).

Hah, yea, that is one of the big ones I'm sure a lot of us are waiting for, but I can only imagine that it is a very difficult nut to crack for a variety of reasons. Is the cast an AOE? Are we in the AOE? How big is it if we are? Where are we at within it? What is the closest way out? I can only imagine the math/reversing behind this is not a lot of fun considering how much trouble it is just for basic "are we behind/flanking the mob?". If anybody can get it though I'm sure it'll be you guys.