MMOMinion

Full Version: Assist Mode (whm ftr)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Few Q's about assist mode.

1) what does Start Combat do? Because with or without it checked the maniacal whm is pulling mobs in dungeons and pissing people off.

2) same question but for soloing. Any way to leave the bot on, and have assist mode do the rotation BUT not randomly taarget and fire away nonstop like its doing? ie: I control movement. I control targeting, i initiate combat. ONLY THEN does the bot begin handling rotation?

3) any tips for getting regen into a healing skill profile?

4) im correct in assuming the "out of combat" box in the skill manager is broken? or does something other than what I assume?

I think that covers it for now, im trying to get a safe effective routine that doesnt require overgearing to be super lazy. As it sits w/ the whm profile from this forum, even after a bit of modifcation, I have to stay glued to it to such a degree that in all honesty i might as well just play it by hand.

5) any plans to expand on the rotation system? offer more parameters perhaps? Their are several options/scenarios i have come across already that are required for a true 1:1 rotation that would perform like hand played would. Their are simply some things that just cant be set up yet due to limitations. (and all ive tried thus far is whm so id imagine other jobs have/will come across more)

Other than that, im super happy w/ the bot. Look forward to its growth and developtment. WTB Layout SAVING FTW!
1) Only uses skills if you're already in combat.
2) Set assist mode to None. The mode controls the auto-targetting.
3) Add Regen, set what Target HP % you want it to fire at if Target "Has Not Buff" 158
4) I don't really know how well "out of combat" works atm, never really use it.
5) My addon offers a lot more parameters, which I am about to start adding to main bot code for approval. I am usually open to suggestions if you run into something you find you need that doesn't exist.
really cant cast any skills out of combat. But ya as Ace pointed out set the assist mode to none set it to healer and do not tick start combat. This way you have full control over everything except targeting.
(02-03-2014, 11:01 PM)aceRage Wrote: [ -> ]1) Only uses skills if you're already in combat.
2) Set assist mode to None. The mode controls the auto-targetting.
3) Add Regen, set what Target HP % you want it to fire at if Target "Has Not Buff" 158
4) I don't really know how well "out of combat" works atm, never really use it.
5) My addon offers a lot more parameters, which I am about to start adding to main bot code for approval. I am usually open to suggestions if you run into something you find you need that doesn't exist.

thank you for the reply, i assumed 1 was what was causing the bot to "start combat" lol.

Ok let me expand since you raised some concerns.

2) if i set this to none (it was set to lowest health for healing) I assume it will need to be changed back if i want it to heal in dungeons? Otherwise i would have to individually target each player? I'm trying to set it up so it does the healing automatically, just so when im solo it doesnt do anything unless I target something on my own. (for those that have used honorbuddy, the way it works using tyrael or raidbot for example)

4) the reason I ask is I am trying to create a routine that will only renew protect outside of combat, and only cast stoneskin outside of combat etc. It can and will cause deaths trying to cast these in battle :P

I just installed your addon literally minutes ago, i am eager to give it a try and will certainly give you feedback/suggestions. The more power we have over routine control etc, the more "powerful" and lifelike we can make the bot persay.

Once again, thank you :)

(02-03-2014, 11:10 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]really cant cast any skills out of combat. But ya as Ace pointed out set the assist mode to none set it to healer and do not tick start combat. This way you have full control over everything except targeting.

oooh, i think i am misunderstanding what Assist Mode did. When i saw lowest health, i read that as "target and heal lowest health members first" lol.

Of course, that begs the question.. how/where is the heal priority discerned? Is that contained within the routines? Or is it basically whoever drops under xx helath first gets the heal first?

in most cases this is sufficient but their are times where a healer or a tank should take priority and if they dont bad things shall happen :P

slowly but surely im wraping my head around the ins and outs of minion :)
lowest health/closest is for what to attack. not for healing
(02-03-2014, 11:01 PM)aceRage Wrote: [ -> ]1) Only uses skills if you're already in combat.

oh, just realized. Isnt that the problem im having with protect/stoneskin etc? the bot only uses skills if your in combat anyhow? i mean it wont cast any of them outside of combat except when it goes on an epic pull spazz in asist mode. sure can use attack spells outside of combat just fine LOL

(02-03-2014, 11:10 PM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]really cant cast any skills out of combat. But ya as Ace pointed out set the assist mode to none set it to healer and do not tick start combat. This way you have full control over everything except targeting.

didnt he say, start combat makes it so you only cast when your in combat? isnt this a good thing?

god knows we have character limits working within the default window size of the bot, but some of the wording of things is just rough sometimes ;P its all subjective of course, i just hate being a gosh-darn pain having to ask all these questions.

just trying to get the most out of the bot of course :)

(02-05-2014, 04:21 AM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]lowest health/closest is for what to attack. not for healing

lol yea, got that now. Certainly wish i would have sooner LOL. Either way thank you, always a great help Jackie ^^

OK, few more questions!!

(naturally)

The assist mode thing did help. He's no longer on the rampage lol. HOWEVER, i would love to take it one step further.

Can he be prevented from even beginning to attack until I initiate? whether it be with right clicking ala pulling out my weapon/auto attacking or by casting a skill? As it sits, he wont begin the rotation until I target something, however id love to be able to not attack even when something is targetted should I choose not to.

Imagine tabbing through targets and your bot starts letting em rip >.< lol. I mean the way it seems now, is i actually have to consciously remember not to target ANYTHING, lest he goes on the rampage. (nearly) as bad as before :P

Anything or am i spooged on this front?

Also, seems to be "starting combat" when start combat is checked or unchecked. I tried checking it so he would only use abilities in combat (as per the earlier definition) and nope, he pulled with an ability just the same. What am i missing?

lol im soooo bad.

Assist Mode - Heal Priority (wut?)

must make the bot stop attacking things just because i target them!
you're really typing a lot in these forums :P Most of this already has been asked...
Perhaps, not anytime soon thats for sure. Consideing ive gone through every single thread for every single addon i use, and the ones i dont. This is how i interpreted which to try/use after all. Still, i appreciate the constructive response :P

Remember kids! No question is a bad question! Besides, sue me for wanting to understand and get the most out of the bot I am paying for.

(after all think of all the people such as myself that will be saved having to ask these questions when they log into ask it and see that i have!)

Of course with more thorough guides/explanations much wouldnt be necessary. Many of my questions boil down to plain old defintion of function. This means their should be a required list in the add on post (if questions like these are such an issue) OR perhaps adding a hover/tooltip system to the bot is possible?

Either way, prior questions still stand. Unless of course TauTau can point me to where they've been answered. Ive checked albeit not ultra thoroughly. Given the volume of content on these forums (or lack therof) im going to go out on a limb and assume you were trying to make a point more than trying to be accurate in doing so. (ie: if these things have been asked elsewhere, you nor i can find them)
http://mmominion.com/Forum-GUIDES-TUTORI...-FFXIV-Bot explains the mods and features of the base bot in great detail.

Now depending on what mods you use, most of htem go in to great detail as well to explain exactly what they are for.
Perhaps im slow. Im not sure the impression ive given off, but let me say this so its out there.

I dont post lightly. I am far from un intellegent nor computer illiterate. The tutorial section was the first place i went. Hence the suggestion for more thorough tutorials.

If they explained everything in the detail you claim, people wouldnt constantly be posting what does xx setting do or xx setting mean.

I could pull out dozens of examples of things not included but this time i WILL play the lazy card :)

Im not sure if you were being condescending or trying to help, obviously the web has worn on me and made me defensive over the years :P However the fact that its you, is a pretty good indicator it is the latter.

so thank you :) Ive sucked the tutorial section for all its worth. Read every single one actually. Which is why I am able to use the bot top to bottom and inside out. I do so for everything BUT duties and quests for obvious reasons.

I just dont like not knowing what a setting does and sure I experiment but sometimes some of them arent immediately apparent. This leaves me either wondering if i affected something negatively, or wondernig if I am missing out on something i could potentially use or benefit from. So i ask ^^

With that said, my questions in my earlier post still stand :P /places thread back on track.
Pages: 1 2