MMOMinion

Full Version: General Bot questions
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
So I have no idea how to set up gathering for this bot. Can someone assist me? I'm in Western Thanlan but I will be other places also so it'd be nice to have a general tutorial?
there is a gathering guide. But simply put you create a nav mesh using hte meshmanager over the nodes you want to mine/harvest Then you drop a marker in marker tab of the mesh manager set hte level range you wnat to gather from this spot name it and drop they specific type of marker, mining/botanist then go to the gather manager select your marker from the drop down menu enter the items you want to gather set the time you want to gather for and click start.

http://mmominion.com/Thread-Tutorial-Gathering
... I don't understand a word of that really. I know how to pull up the mesh and sort of drop markers but that's about it. :\

Edit: I'll re-over the tutorial again just to be sure. Stuff's complicated man. There's another bot where you just map a path and bam that's it, but unfortunately I paid 10 bucks for a 1-time piece of software apparently :\ so FIgured I'd try this one. It really seems promising but just lots of setup.

Edit: Okay I think I have it working. It all of a sudden just clicked. Thanks!

Edit 2: So after I make a new mesh it's... not making a mesh. I thought I had it but I guess I don't but I guess all I really need to tweak are the boundaries on the markers but I don't know how or what setting does that for where I'm mining in Thananlan. Is it advised to just add new markers to the existing meshes or mess around with them?
The mesh just defines where the boy can walk. You can add or delete markers as you please, they just mark locations where the boot would do certain things. If there isn't already a maker at the place you want to gather, just add one.
just run up to whree the nodes are at open the meshamanger.... put a check mark in show triangles put a check mark in record... now Run around so that the yellow triangles cover all the nodes you want to harvest from. Put a name in the mesh field next to "save mesh" then click the save button. Boom you have made a mesh. Next drop the marker in the center of the new mesh you just made name it set the level range click the "drop marker' according to the type you want to do. Then go to the gather manager select your marker from the drop down menu, type in the names of hte things you want to gather in the fields. http://mmominion.com/Thread-Tutorial-Navigation-Mesh

you can use the meshes for the zone but the bot wanders away alot from where you want to gether from. When wanting to gather specific thing i always make a small mesh that covers the area i want to gather from only. it takes all of 5 seconds to make a mesh around the nodes.
Okay I actually think I made a mesh, I have it working. Is there a way to lessen the amount of 'mesh' that appears just in case you get into some close nodes or whatnot? Is it the 'Change Size'?

Edit: Okay I moved to a different area and now it's not making the mesh. -_-

Edit 2: Never mind I had to delete the mesh and make a new mesh
Bump again real quick, my bot has stopped moving when gathering Cotton Bolls. There are nodes available. What do I need to check into?

Edit: Figured it out, had to extend the meshes.