MMOMinion

Full Version: Bot stops grinding in most zones.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Not sure what the scoop is, i've checked all of the settings that have been mentioned otherwise in other threads pertaining to this sort of discussion, but for whatever reason, my bot will randomly stop grinding in any zone that isn't located in Thanalan. The Shroud seems to give me the most trouble, yielding the shortest time able to be spent grinding. I'll give a rundown of my typical process...

I throw down a grind marker in a location with enemies 3+- levels of my class and let it grind away. I make sure to adjust the profile so it reflects which one is active... but anywhere other than Thanalan zones, my character will stop eventually. It's not necessarily a product of resting, because i've seen my character recover from resting and continue grinding. I've reinstalled and removed non-vanilla add-ons, and i still experience the same behavior. If anyone has any insight as to what might be causing this, i would be forever grateful. Thank you much.
Make sure you aren't just changing the level on the marker as you level. You must create entirely new markers with the level range you want.
Marker level changes are not written back to the .info files, so even though it will appear correct, it is reading the original level. Also make sure your skill manager profile isn't becoming deactivated at some point. Without an skill manager profile set as Activated, bot will just run to a certain location then stop because it doesn't know how to fight.
Just to clarify, i'm creating brand new markers each time i set one down, not reusing old ones. The level bracket is always 1-50. My profile is set just fine, as the bot will work for an unsure amount of time... well, given that it ISN'T in Thanalan, then everything works fine. I delete all of my old markers, too. The thing is, the bot wouldn't even work if i didn't have the right profile set and i double-check it every time, even though i have the profile i use set as default. Super strange that it works flawlessly in Thanalan zones but hiccups everywhere else.
not sure what could cause this, i grind out side of costa de sol just fine when getting eggs. Try making a mesh that just covers the area you want to grind. Then drop the grind marker with level range 1-50. what do you mean by this "I make sure to adjust the profile so it reflects which one is active..."