MMOMinion

Full Version: How do you confront people on your server you obviously know are using minion as well
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I just saw a guy doing bard quest teleport from where I was to where my next objective was because when I teleported there he was there. I told him I saw that he uses minion and he played stupid and kept saying "which minion? i have a lot" talking about in game minions.

I thought it'd be a good idea to make friends with him but he just played dumb the whole time which I found rather silly.

Any tips on picking up people on my server who obviously use minion?
(03-10-2014, 11:20 PM)altnob Wrote: [ -> ]I just saw a guy doing bard quest teleport from where I was to where my next objective was because when I teleported there he was there. I told him I saw that he uses minion and he played stupid and kept saying "which minion? i have a lot" talking about in game minions.

I thought it'd be a good idea to make friends with him but he just played dumb the whole time which I found rather silly.

You do know they monitor chat logs right?
(03-10-2014, 11:44 PM)iDownload Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-10-2014, 11:20 PM)altnob Wrote: [ -> ]I just saw a guy doing bard quest teleport from where I was to where my next objective was because when I teleported there he was there. I told him I saw that he uses minion and he played stupid and kept saying "which minion? i have a lot" talking about in game minions.

You do know they monitor chat logs right?

Obviously.
My old server used to refer to it as Fight Club, and all the references to it were in the form of references to the movie.
I've seen obvious Minion users too, I just don't talk to them. Why risk it for either of us?
if they are minioners i make sure to get them to approach me on the forums first. then get them on ts at least.
Rule number 1.

he may not be using minion..... ever thought of that? Their arent many minion users. Especially relative to FFXIV subs. Its less than a needle in a haystack.

That coupled with the fact their are TONS Of free apps that teleport and fly and radar etc.. and you probably did nothing other than out yourself.

Good job!!

Pro Tip - NEVER EVER talk about botting in game. Now when they scan chat logs for whatever words they filter .. your nailed.

A few thousand just got popped in wow a few weeks back because they scanned chat logs for PQR (a rotation bot) and they killed the bot and those accounts in one fell swoop.

PS Why would you want to confront them to begin with?

(03-11-2014, 05:44 AM)squareroot Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen obvious Minion users too, I just don't talk to them. Why risk it for either of us?

the common sense is strong in this one :P
(03-12-2014, 02:29 PM)klepp0906 Wrote: [ -> ]

he may not be using minion..... ever thought of that? Their arent many minion users. Especially relative to FFXIV subs. Its less than a needle in a haystack.

That coupled with the fact their are TONS Of free apps that teleport and fly and radar etc.. and you probably did nothing other than out yourself.

Good job!!

Pro Tip - NEVER EVER talk about botting in game. Now when they scan chat logs for whatever words they filter .. your nailed.

A few thousand just got popped in wow a few weeks back because they scanned chat logs for PQR (a rotation bot) and they killed the bot and those accounts in one fell swoop.

PS Why would you want to confront them to begin with?

(03-11-2014, 05:44 AM)squareroot Wrote: [ -> ]I've seen obvious Minion users too, I just don't talk to them. Why risk it for either of us?

the common sense is strong in this one :P

The assumptions. So large.
I've seen a couple on my server. Only reason I know is because we're all fate grinding, they are running the EXACT same path I am, and are in an FC with only 5-10 members. *shrug* not my business what they are doing, and who knows if they are even there. I just smile, laugh, and move on.