MMOMinion

Full Version: ffxiv crashing every time i run minion
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Minion crashed my ffxiv about 20m ago. Par for the course. Its a little more frequent today than in the past but it always crashes it atleast once or twice a day /sigh. Thats besides the point though..

I now cant start it period. I have restarted ffxiv and ran minion from the ffxivminion_launcher 3 times now and each time it insta crashes ffxiv out.

I made sure the bot was set to update in case a new version just went live or something - but nada.

Any suggestions? The only time ive had it do this in the past is after a patch/hotfix when a new version is needed.

>.<

just gave it about 10m and removed the atma addon/mod.. still crashing instantly. With a authenticator, restarting ffxiv over and over is becoming extremely irritating. Any ideas why?

TBH why does it crash ffxiv period? If HB for example has a problem, not once have i seen it crash wow with it. Just curious if this is something that will always be present and why.

(my specific situation/cause takes precedent though >.>)

Wow... i found the problem.

You cant run mumble while you use the bot? Srsly? Can you say MAJOR issue....

now to be fair.. i started ffxiv first and mumble after and it ran for a short bit.. but once that initial crash ahppened.. i couldnt restart the bot without crashing ffxiv no matter what (until i closed mumble)

Something that should be considered a bug report yes?
Um... thats right in the set up guide. "3rd crashing reason is graphic enhancing software that kicks in when you go fullscreen or places some sort of weird overlay on the game (fraps, msi afterburner, Nvidia gameexperience thingy, teamspeak overlay stuff like that) " granted it does same teamspeak but mumble does the same overlay thing.
Wow... i found the problem, it sits in front of the keyboard.
<3 when mods and devs are dicks. Very very cool of you. Glad to be paying your bills.

with that said. A) im not using any sort of overylay. B) i dont have this issue with any other bots i use nor have used so the issue isnt the user - its the bot.

Oh, and also i dont make a habit of reading the setup guide. Ive been using the bot for months.. not exactly necessary at this point.

ALthough to be fair, i DO remember reading that which is the reason i dont use RTSS inside Afterburner for GPU info, because that DOES have an overlay which is the point for my using it,a nd this bot is the reason i have to forgo it. Mumble, as i said i didnt expect it - since im not using the overlay.

Anyhow, no need to be a dick. Seriously unprofessional and disappointing.

If your not willing to take constructive criticism and potentially attempt to fix things like this that hinder the bot... wlel i dont know what to tell you. What i do find funny is you somehow equate the bot crashing due to mumble as being my fault LOL.

You guys are very fortunate you have a few key members in the community. LEss than i have fingers and they seem to help more in a 10x less condescending manner.

ughgh.. done w/ this post/thread.
there is nothing to fix those aformentioned type of programs, mumbled being one of them. Will cause the bot to crash because of the built in overlay. Its caued by the fact that Minion is putting an overlay. menus and the bot windows and this conflicts with those aformentioned programs. You cant expect them to RE every possible program that MIGHT be on your computer to find whree this conflict is. No they do the best they can by saying DONT USE THESE TYPES OF PROGRAMS. which is in the setup guide that you should of read a long time ago. They take criticism all the time, you not reading the setupguide and then bitching the bot is broke is in fact USER ERROR. Its like going to ikea and not reading how to put that shit together. GL with that.
i've made it a habit to just read the first line of your posts. If i want to read a book, i'll fire up my ebook reader. But from that, thanks, i know i'am cool, people tell me all the time. And we are also glad you pay our bills. I don't understand the dick part though.
Its an easy fix if you haven't figured it out already with ff14 closed go to Mumble mouse over configure > settings > overlay and uncheck overlay.

I can bot and chat with friends.

I apologize about their remarks it lacks professionalism but at least I figured out how to fix it compliments of my googlefu. I don''t work here but as a one human to another it lacked respect and for that I am sorry. Hope it helps you
(07-24-2014, 11:35 PM)aguile Wrote: [ -> ]Its an easy fix if you haven't figured it out already with ff14 closed go to Mumble mouse over configure > settings > overlay and uncheck overlay.

I can bot and chat with friends.

I apologize about their remarks it lacks professionalism but at least I figured out how to fix it compliments of my googlefu. I don''t work here but as a one human to another it lacked respect and for that I am sorry. Hope it helps you

this thread was over 3 months old... i hope he has it fixed lol