MMOMinion

Full Version: How do i set up minion for specific targets?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Ok here's my situation. Ive never bothered much w/ the meshmanager etc up until this exact point so excuse my ignorance.

I am working on books atm. I have a long string of road in which the mobs i need to kill spawn.

I tried placing grind markers along this path spread out by a fair amount (i think 4 in total) However my first proglem is that the mesh manager only allows you to select 1 marker to grind at a time. I want him to travel between all of the markers while grinding.

Second issue is the fact that around the markers he kills everything. I could have sworn assistenhance allowed killing specific mobs somehwere, but i dont see it.

Am i confused, was it a different addon? Is this possible?

For obvious reasons it would be cool to be able to reference xivdb for spawn locations, set up markers, enter the mobs name and have your bot travel between the markers killing the mobs you need (as you need 10 of 10 for each book)

Until i hear back, by hand it shall be >.>

thanks guys!
General Discussion is not really meant for "Support" questions. Moving your post. Please put your posts in the correct places or they will probably get ignored.
Open Blacklist Manager, Select Hunt Monsters Option, add to Hunting List by selecting target and Pressing HUNT, it will now hunt only the mobs in your Hunt monsters list.
if you dont have enhance assist. You can just target the mobs you dont want to fight and hit Black list.
(04-06-2014, 03:17 PM)Powder Wrote: [ -> ]General Discussion is not really meant for "Support" questions. Moving your post. Please put your posts in the correct places or they will probably get ignored.

I didnt think a general question about how the bot worked was considered "support" I assumed support was like "technical problems" you koow bugs, errors, updates, installation.. that sort of thing.

But thanks for the move. Now I know.

(04-06-2014, 03:23 PM)Signature Wrote: [ -> ]Open Blacklist Manager, Select Hunt Monsters Option, add to Hunting List by selecting target and Pressing HUNT, it will now hunt only the mobs in your Hunt monsters list.

awesome! didnt know this was under Blacklist :P Didnt even think to look there :)

<3 sig

(04-07-2014, 02:55 AM)jackie1234 Wrote: [ -> ]if you dont have enhance assist. You can just target the mobs you dont want to fight and hit Black list.

Yea I do have it, and while blacklisting mob by mob may work in some areas, in others it might be more trouble than its worth. I dont see any reason why i wouldnt use it however.

Either way, practically forgot blacklist took care of anything other than Fates :P

Thank you - you two! (that HAS to be improper english?)

:)

Oh, how about the navigation issue. Now i know how to get only a specific monster or set of monsters hunted.. but how about grinding only a specific area or path?

Do i actually need to make a seperate mesh of my own for an area which is already meshed? O.O

I would think theirs a way to connect markers so he only uses those.. but i only see a way to select one marker at a time. The mobs I need are spread out in east shroud i believe it is and over a long area connected by tunnels so 1 marker wont cut it. Need the bot to travbel between 3 or 4 of them strung out vertically.

Since the navemesh that comes with the bot has plenty of its own markers.. how do i have the bot attend to only the areas i want it to - when it is more than 1 marker?
you just drop grind markers. to kill mobs in a specific area. it will hunt mobs around that marker. no need to make a custom mesh