MMOMinion

Full Version: Curious - Why was the other lifetime thread closed?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Assuming youre from overseas based on the euro prices.. and perhaps i dont understand european humor. "90 days is like lifetime" Huh? lol.

But seriously, do you need to police to the point that having your customers speculate about preferred pricing plans is a bad thing?

Or do you want to stop anyone from getting the idea that being charged monthly nearly the cost of the game sub itself is highway robbery? You can still make money off of actually selling someone the software instead of putting it up for rent.

You could charge 2 or 3 years worth of rental fees for a lifetime. (this would be more $ than any bot ive ever seen and people would pay it!) If they play for 4-5 years which is unlikely for any mmo... then they save some money and the payment hassle. You get the benefit of pocketing all that cash up front and if they quit sooner.. then you made extra profit. Atleast give the option.

Seems like a win win. Evidently your betting on people playing a longtime and want to nickle and dime.

Ive been a longtime vocal opponent to any software that uses this method - its wrong. In the end its yours to do with as you wish and no one is going to argue its capability. I struggle to find a reason how more options is a bad thing. Offering to buy the bot doesnt mean you have to get rid of your rental policy. I would think its one hell of a compliment that people are willing and have enough faith to want to do so - but i digress.

Still, for or against. I see no reason as to why you would close the thread. It wasnt vulgar. It wasnt a personal attack on anyone or anything. And last but dfinately not least - it could lead to constructive dialogue which would allow the developer to see what its users prefer. IE ANY developer worth his salt would see the benefit in that.

in the end - over moderation is a pet-peeve. Would have posted in the thread but to my surprise, i found it locked.

I fully expect a closure of my own (unfortunate but evident) however hopefully not without a good helping of enlightenment as to why or which forum rule it violated?
same reason i'am closing this one and will delete any further threads about it. We will not offer lifetime accounts for various reasons. There is no need to discuss that any further, so i closed the thread. People can't seem to accept no for an answer and feel the need to write walls of text about it.